NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/)
-   -   This is great (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/2312-this-is-great.html)

Bubbi 10-01-2006 07:54 AM

This is great

What a great forum! After 30 some yrs of working and working some more I ended up disabled and with CP.

ART--saved my sanity. I began with helping grandkids with school projects and I found a hidden artist within.
I guess its never to late :)

I think most everyone has a creative side buried though it maybe for many.
It is a wonderful outlit of espression and great way to keep busy when your life takes on limits it didnt have before. At least ir has for me.
Debbie

Chemar 10-01-2006 09:10 AM

Hi Bubbi :)

what a wonderfully encouraging post!

I find creativity to be quite the best therapy when I am stressed out with life.
And you are so right about that inner artistic talent just waiting to be birthed in everyone.

show us some of your artwork if you get the chance

Bubbi 10-02-2006 05:21 AM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 17219)
Hi Bubbi :)

what a wonderfully encouraging post!

I find creativity to be quite the best therapy when I am stressed out with life.
And you are so right about that inner artistic talent just waiting to be birthed in everyone.

show us some of your artwork if you get the chance

Nice to meet you Chemar.
Your right--it is great therapy. If anyone had asked me a few years ago if I was creative I would have laughed as I had never done anything creative before. My mom is an artist and any attempts I may have made doing anything along those lines was just sad :)

Then I got sick--grandkids started school (many projects) and I filled a life long dream and went to Israel.
I started by painting rocks that I found in Israel--just whimsical scenes of the Old City etc..

It just took off from there--by no means do I think of myself as an "artist" but I do feel blessed that what ability there is has reached the surface.

So now I experiment with different mediums--one of which is painting jeans.
What fun this is--a bit of fabric paint and I have all my granddaughters friends bringing me thier jeans to decorate.

I will try to get some of this on my pc so I can post a pic.

How about you?

jingle 10-02-2006 06:34 AM

Oh Bubbi - I can't wait to see these jeans.
I used to attempt fabric painting and actually did a lot of it ... lol. Well, I used a lot of paint :p I wasn't successful.

Bubbi 10-02-2006 08:14 AM

Hi Jingle,
It is tricky isnt it? Seems fabric paint is suppose to just be used by using the bottle tip but I gave that up after several disasters and used it like any other paint and painted with a brush--except when I outline seams.

My "Baloon" pants seem to be the all time favorite and I will try to get a pic as I cant scan pants lol.

Chemar 10-03-2006 09:22 AM

I love fabric paint and use it a lot...I find that keeping a round headed pin in the tip stops the paint from clumping

I will post some pics as soon as I can transfer them from my old laptop hardrive, but I make felt handpuppets and use fabric paint, glitter etc for decorations . I also use the fabric paint on clothing and shoes etc. I buy those plain canvas shoes at Walmart/kmart/target and then put all kinds of decorations on them to match clothes, bags etc. I love colorful clothing so I find this real fun (and a lot cheaper than the decorated "designer" shoes LOL)

Bubbi 10-05-2006 10:21 AM

I have also found fabric paint a great way to "fix" some of my favorite shirts etc... that have stains I can get out or my all time favorite--to cover bleach spots that I seem to do a lot to myself :)

jingle 10-05-2006 09:30 PM

OLD painted sweatshirt

1 Attachment(s)
This is a sweatshirt, front and back, I painted -- oh, more than 10 years ago with the Tulip fabric paint you squirt directly from the bottle onto the fabric.

It's not bad looking BUT it weighed 15 lb. :eek: The made-to-match tennis shoes were nicer to wear :rolleyes:

Alffe 10-05-2006 09:33 PM

Jingle you are so talented! Are you back to santas yet? Hugs

jingle 10-05-2006 10:34 PM

Sweet, KIND, ((Alffe))

No Santas yet :( I'm still cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.
Me -- the biggest slob that ever lived. Also I'm throwing away 70% of my belongings. This is like a DISEASE. I truly can't seem to stop.
I've forgotten how to carve. Most important thing in my life and I forgot how. Brain surgeon - lol - brain surgeon ??? what does he know? keeps telling me to "just keep trying". I go back to see him again and have more MRIs on the 19th.

Wanna see an old carving ?