NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Have Your Days Been Running Together? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/231203-days-running.html)

Wiix 01-17-2016 12:30 PM

Have Your Days Been Running Together?

Today I looked at the calendar thinking that it was Friday, but it's Sunday? How could I have lost a whole day? This has been happening a lot lately. How could I have lost a WHOLE day??? Actually two. :( Where do they go? :eek:

Lara 01-17-2016 04:21 PM

Are you sure this is not called "aging"? ;)

Wiix 01-17-2016 07:15 PM

Really? :eek:

Lara 01-17-2016 07:23 PM

Maybe I misunderstood you.

Is something shocking about saying it could be "aging"?

It happens to me from time to time. I lose track of a day here and there. I don't forget what I did, it's just that the day names are less significant lately. If you were working to a schedule or had appointments or needed to know what day it was I'm sure you would.

If I lost track of what I was doing for a day or two then I'd worry more.

Do you remember what you did on Saturday???

kiwi33 01-18-2016 07:33 AM

Wiix, I think that I am with Lara on this one.

I am semi-retired though am still active in science, nurturing, (ghastly word) members of my ex-research group and reading most of the serious literature.

However days go by when I just work in my garden, enjoy the company of the birds and possums, including giving them food handouts and reading for pleasure - nothing of substance in a conventional sense.

It is easy to lose track of the days when I am doing this but it does not worry me :).

Kitty 01-18-2016 08:16 AM

I lose track of what day it is quite often.

I use the TV guide to give me hints! Certain things only come on during the week and certain things on Saturday/Sunday.

When I was able to work I saw the date frequently throughout the day. Didn't have to think about it. But now.......I find myself looking at the computer screen (lower right corner :o) to remind myself what the date is.

Wednesday is an easy day......the garbage and recycling is picked up. My neighbors all put their garbage cans and recycling bins out on Tuesday night so that helps to remind me.

Tuesday is delivery day for my groceries from Nature's Garden Express. It's a great site and delivers fresh fruit and veggies along with milk/eggs/bread.

There are lots of ways to remember the date. You just have to find what works best for you! And pray nothing changes!! :D

Wiix 01-18-2016 10:35 AM

Since each of my days are virtually identical from the last I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I should get out more. :o

KnowNothingJon 01-18-2016 02:46 PM

I misplace days at times. I credit managing chronic illness, honestly. I would have sweat it maybe even last year. Now I just chalk it up to the cost of doing the business of mindfulness. I'm still working out the kinks, though.

Part of my losing days happens when I have crash out days too. Some days I just need that extra rest.

Wiix 08-08-2016 04:01 PM

Well, here's a first for me. I actually GAINED a day today. I thought today was Sunday but it's actually Monday. It feels like Sunday. It feels exactly like yesterday. ;)

caroline2 08-01-2017 12:07 PM

Since retired AND aging, every day is a holiday, sorta. I often stop myself and have to think "what is today". When people say have a good weekend or how was your weekend, it's all the same for this retired lady. Love It. No schedules to speak of and have done many hobbies over my retirement yrs and now doing no hobbies and I'm good. Work on taking care of my health.