NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Anyone taking Lyrica ? Side effects ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/231249-taking-lyrica-effects.html)

pennben 01-18-2016 12:24 PM

Anyone taking Lyrica ? Side effects ?

Just curious how many out there might be taking Lyrica ?

I'm taking 50 Meg...3 times a day....mostly have been taking only 2 and that's one in the evening and 1 later in the night..it does help with sleep. I started taking one during the day just to see if it helps with my feet pain I have and it does make me sleepy or drowsy. It might be helping with the feet pain I get but its not a miracle drug that's for sure.

caroline2 01-18-2016 07:36 PM

Hi, I've never taken it and there are many comments on this drug here at NT. For me and my health, anything pushed so much by TV ads, is not for me.

kiwi33 01-18-2016 09:03 PM

Hi pennben

This professional (FDA) information about Lyrica and its known side-effects might be of help to you; http://www.drugs.com/pro/lyrica.html.

Mairi 01-19-2016 03:01 AM

I've been taking it for years - 300mg / day spread out over the day. I always think oh it's not really helping ... then I accidentally skip a dose & realise how much it does help. I have chronic nerve pain and although I still have pain it takes the edge off and reduces the electric shocks. Can make you drowsy or dizzy, but all my meds do. I've got used to living in a fog.

Advanced OA, spinal fusions L5-6, L6-S1, extra lumbar vertebrae, spina bifida occulta L4, fibromyalgia, tenosynovitis L ankle, roll in a Quickie Q7 chair

Jomar 01-19-2016 01:59 PM

You can use the site search for all posts mentioning Lyrica -
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/search.php

Albertakewl 01-26-2016 12:56 PM

I have only been on it a few months, and it has not been to bad. 150 mg morning and then at night.

pennben 01-29-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mairi (Post 1194156)
I've been taking it for years - 300mg / day spread out over the day. I always think oh it's not really helping ... then I accidentally skip a dose & realise how much it does help. I have chronic nerve pain and although I still have pain it takes the edge off and reduces the electric shocks. Can make you drowsy or dizzy, but all my meds do. I've got used to living in a fog.

Advanced OA, spinal fusions L5-6, L6-S1, extra lumbar vertebrae, spina bifida occulta L4, fibromyalgia, tenosynovitis L ankle, roll in a Quickie Q7 chair

Yeah,

I've been taking it now for about a month and did notice the drowsy feeling and the fog you speak of. The drowsy part seems to hit me about an hour after taking my 50 MG pill. Then it wears off in maybe 3 or 4 hours. I take 3 a day mostly, 50 MG each, not a real high dose. I think it helps a little, nothing earth shattering.

razzle51 05-07-2016 05:23 AM

just started it 50 twice aday and it seems to be working good. we shall see.:)

Diandra 05-07-2016 08:49 PM

Hi,
I've been taking Lyrica for approx 10 years now and it has helped me. Prior to that I was on Neurontin(gabapentin).

When I first started Lyrica, my doctor said not to drive, etc for a few weeks until the drowsiness and dizziness pass. I was VERY dizzy...felt like I was drunk while walking on a boat��. I was also very foggy mentally but it did pass. I have only been on a small dose. now at 75mg 3x a day. It just takes the edge off the neuropathy but it does help me.

I do want to mention, I have tried to get off this med twice and the withdrawal was worse than any other med I have ever weaned off. Not everyone has a problem with withdrawal, especially if you do it super slowly but, it was a big problem for me. The reason I wanted to get off it is because I occasionally like to give my body a break from the drugs I am on and to see what level my pain is at and I have never had a problem with anything but Lyrica. I also was getting concerned that the Lyrica was responsible for some mental cloudiness and memory issues I was having and I wanted to see if that was true. You also need to go slowly withdrawing to avoid seizures. There are several threads on these forums about Lyrica withdrawal. I am not trying to stress you about this issue, just wish I had been made aware when I started Lyrica.

Good luck and I hope you continue to find relief with Lyrica.
D.

firewolf3251 05-08-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennben (Post 1193998)
Just curious how many out there might be taking Lyrica ?

I'm taking 50 Meg...3 times a day....mostly have been taking only 2 and that's one in the evening and 1 later in the night..it does help with sleep. I started taking one during the day just to see if it helps with my feet pain I have and it does make me sleepy or drowsy. It might be helping with the feet pain I get but its not a miracle drug that's for sure.

I've been on it about 10 years 150 morning 150 evening with option of another 150 if needed, i very rarely take the extra one. haven't noted anything bad, the worst one i took was Cymbalta it messed up my blurry eyes.