NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Is Ear Pain part of PCS? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/231282-ear-pain-pcs.html)

Joannetb 01-18-2016 10:31 PM

Is Ear Pain part of PCS?

I know there is a lot of talk about sensitivity to sound, which I definitely have. I'm wondering if other people also have pain in their Ear, or behind the ear?

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganPat Disanza 01-18-2016 11:16 PM

Joannetb, I saw you post hear about ear pain. I never have ear aches, at least not since I was a kid. But the past few month now I've been getting these ear aches or pain in my ear. It sometimes goes away quickly but it seems to be happening more and more offen. I didn't want to make a doctor appointment if it was nothing. I don't have any sensitivity to sound at all. Anyway, do you know what your ear pain is from and what does PCS stand for? Thanks for whatever info you can give me on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark in Idaho 01-18-2016 11:35 PM

Terry,

A common PCS pain is touch sensitivity at the bony area behind the ear. This can be related to muscle spasms that can be due to a neck injury.

Is that the kind of pain you are talking about ?

Joannetb 01-19-2016 08:41 AM

It's more like a headache only inside my ear. It feels like an ear infection but I've had my ears checked over and over and they're fine. Just since the concussion. Along with all the other fun stuff. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RidingRollerCoaster 01-19-2016 02:39 PM

I got this too. I still get it occasionally but not nearly as bad. Do you have pain anywhere else along with it like in the back of your head? What helped me was seeing a physical therapist for neck pain and headaches that started at the back of my head and eventually the ear pain decreased along with it.

Lara 01-19-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joannetb (Post 1194176)
It's more like a headache only inside my ear. It feels like an ear infection but I've had my ears checked over and over and they're fine. Just since the concussion. Along with all the other fun stuff. Lol

I'm no expert on cranial nerves that's for sure but if I was in your position I would wonder if I had sustained some type of insult to a cranial nerve such as the lesser occipital nerve. As far as I recall, it is involved with the mastoid process and ear. Worth looking into it just to rule it out.

Have a check in the Forum Search Feature for past posts/-information about your --ear pain post TBI-- on this TBI/PCS forum or even on

Occipital Neuralgia and other Cranial Neuralgias Forum

Mother of Dragons 05-18-2017 03:15 PM

I have been getting ear aches too pretty frequently since my accident. It seems to happy when my vertigo is bad and my eyes are hurting. Is this a normal symptom of vestibular dysfunction or something to be worried about?