NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   NEVRO SENZA HF10 scs (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/231754-nevro-senza-hf10-scs.html)

Mg2121 01-29-2016 02:05 AM

NEVRO SENZA HF10 scs

Hi Everyone

I'm post-op day 8 with the hf10 scs permanent placement, it was activated on day 5, however. Has anyone experienced urinary or bowel incontinence abd numbness in the hip and groin area? I went for the staple removal yesterday and addressed this with the NP (my DR. wasn't in) and she did notify him, but he said to turn it off and see if these issues persist. I was told that it could just be from the stimulation itelf since this occurred within 24 of activation. It has not gotten better though since turning off but only been about 12 hours. I'm concerned though. These symptoms are new. I'm a 37 yo F, toys should not be the case, I'm thinking!

Lara 01-29-2016 02:28 AM

Hello and welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I wanted to let you know that there is a

SCS & Pain Pumps Forum

here.

The members there will be able to offer you support and information.

take care

Darlene 01-30-2016 11:53 PM

Nice to meet you!!

:Wave-Hello: Hello and welcome, happy to see you have come to be with us, it a great place to be. We have a great number and caring fellow members here, where you have find a supportive and relaxing place. Have fun looking into the different forums. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug:

PamelaJune 01-31-2016 02:34 AM

Hi there, if you had an epidural or the area was flushed with an epidural then yes it is possible. I have had urinary incontinence a number of times post any procedure that uses epidural. My bowel is very slow and caught up with adhesions and such so bowel incontinence would for me be a rarity. I also had challenges post a 2nd lead threading when they repositioned the first lead and it was agitating the vagus (sp?) nerve, it was terrible, they said to turn it off for 24 hours which I did and on turning back on the extreme uncomfortableness in my groin was gone. Most of us write in the SCS forum where Lara has directed you to. Mine is a Nevro HF as well. Welcome to NT and SCS life. The forum will give you lots of helpful tips to get through the next 10 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mg2121 (Post 1196141)
Hi Everyone

I'm post-op day 8 with the hf10 scs permanent placement, it was activated on day 5, however. Has anyone experienced urinary or bowel incontinence abd numbness in the hip and groin area? I went for the staple removal yesterday and addressed this with the NP (my DR. wasn't in) and she did notify him, but he said to turn it off and see if these issues persist. I was told that it could just be from the stimulation itelf since this occurred within 24 of activation. It has not gotten better though since turning off but only been about 12 hours. I'm concerned though. These symptoms are new. I'm a 37 yo F, toys should not be the case, I'm thinking!