NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   Pain 12 days after wisdom teeth extraction (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/231863-pain-12-days-wisdom-teeth-extraction.html)

Jhall 01-31-2016 03:43 PM

Pain 12 days after wisdom teeth extraction

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed and 1 molar removed 12 days ago. Around day 4 I got dry sockets and went back to my surgeon where he lacked them and I used clove oil at home. Last night I was laughing and felt a pop on the right lower side of my jaw and got this awful taste in my mouth (not blood). Ever since that side has been hurting and Tylenol helps but I'm concerned as to what it could be. Any advice is appreciated!

Bryanna 01-31-2016 05:22 PM

HiJhall,

That pop could have been the jaw joint. But that would not really account for the bad taste.

It is best to go back to the OS, explain what happened and let him take a look. He should check your TMJ joint on both sides of your mouth to see if they are lined up or in spasm.

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhall (Post 1196623)
I had 4 wisdom teeth removed and 1 molar removed 12 days ago. Around day 4 I got dry sockets and went back to my surgeon where he lacked them and I used clove oil at home. Last night I was laughing and felt a pop on the right lower side of my jaw and got this awful taste in my mouth (not blood). Ever since that side has been hurting and Tylenol helps but I'm concerned as to what it could be. Any advice is appreciated!

Jhall 01-31-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 1196636)
HiJhall,

That pop could have been the jaw joint. But that would not really account for the bad taste.

It is best to go back to the OS, explain what happened and let him take a look. He should check your TMJ joint on both sides of your mouth to see if they are lined up or in spasm.

Bryanna

I do have TMJ but the pop and the feel didn't feel like it was related to that. Is it a possibility that my stitches haven't dissolved yet and it could have been one of them?

Bryanna 01-31-2016 06:29 PM

Jhall,

The stitches don't really pop. You could have pulled on one and maybe that released a bad taste.

If the sites are stitched, how did the oral surgeon pack them?

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhall (Post 1196641)
I do have TMJ but the pop and the feel didn't feel like it was related to that. Is it a possibility that my stitches haven't dissolved yet and it could have been one of them?

Jhall 01-31-2016 09:55 PM

I had 2 cut out and 2 pulled. Aren't you in dentistry?

Bryanna 02-01-2016 10:35 AM

Jhall,

Yes, I am in dentistry. Your description of things is very vague.

For instance your most recent statement...

<<I had 2 cut out and 2 pulled.>>

Means what? Since all 4 wisdom teeth were "pulled out" or extracted from your jaw bone, perhaps 2 of them required a bit more surgery to remove them than the other 2. This does not mean that anyone should assume that all 4 of the sites were sutured or not sutured. Not all tooth extractions require suturing.

If you think you have a reason to be concerned then go see the oral surgeon.

Bryanna