NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Billye...you ok? re: rain....flooding? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/23223-billye-ok-re-rain-flooding.html)

Curious 07-05-2007 07:50 PM

Billye...you ok? re: rain....flooding?

just checking on my fellow gal texan?:Cowgirl: i saw your town (which i will not mention..or mine) on the news. wowza hon...we sure are having crazy weather!

did ya see on tuesday where the highway got shut down? well..that is close to me and the very exit we are moving to next weekend! :eek:

hope you are ok. :Sinking:

shiney sue 07-05-2007 07:59 PM

I do to all of you in Texas,i have a son and daughter-in-law in Ocity
so all you folks there and Kansas and they had to open a Damm by
Lake of the Ozarks in Mo. Please all stay warm and dry,well it's warm
just bless you all and stay safe. :) And Ryan call you Mama Sue

dahlek 07-05-2007 08:32 PM

I too worry about you and everyone who is ....

getting soo drenched!
Wishing you sunshine soon - j

Yorkiemom 07-06-2007 12:02 AM

We are getting it pretty good too. It is like The Flood here... We drove over the bridge in Little Elm, Texas (north of Dallas) the other day and water was lapping at the underneath. Tonight's newscast indicated that the town is also worried and has positioned fire and police on both sides of the bridge, in the event the bridge is flooded out. This will be a real mess, should this happen.

People who live on the north side of the bridge are going to have a devil of a time getting to work, since there isn't a really good way to get around it. Most people on the south side probably work south of the area.

Some of you may remember that I love to fish a lot. The lakes in North Texas are all considerably over the normal level though, and it is impossible to even launch a boat, unless you already have a boat in a slip at a marina...

The only day it has not rained here, was the Fourth...

Cathie

rashelle 07-06-2007 12:26 AM

Hi All, We're getting the east side of your rain. I've never seen so much water. It's rained here everyday for weeks. Sorry to see all the flooding in Texas. I have family in OK., it's bad there to. Good luck Texas

mrsD 07-06-2007 06:15 AM

Wow...

This has to be a nightmare for those of you in Texas and Oklahoma!

I can't imagine it!

You all have my positive thoughts that Mother Nature's tantrum is over soon!

jarrett622 07-06-2007 09:12 AM

Send some of it this way!

We're dry. Getting ready to get dryer still. We were catching up on the rain but it looks like that's about to change and we really need it.

Everyone down and out that way please stay safe. :hug:

daniella 07-06-2007 12:22 PM

I keep seeing about TX on the news. That is a downer. Here we have had little rain but on the 4th we got it and last night we had some. I'm in MI and my mom has no power still from last night. I think its going to be in the mid 90's here. I like the hot though better then the cold.

Yorkiemom 07-06-2007 12:27 PM

Wow! I just found out that Little Elm has both bridges blocked off. This means some households had to be evacuated... I feel for those people. We are on pretty high ground in our area, north of Dallas, so will be OK. The mosquitos are out in NUMBERS!!!

Gainesville, Texas, north of Little Elm, has suffered terribly from the flooding and some loss of life that occurred when rescue operations were going on. I think every time they think it is over, they get hit again...

One lake south of Dallas is 29 feet above normal...

I don't think we are going to have a lot of Crappie in the freezer this year...

Cathie

Silverlady 07-06-2007 01:17 PM

Five Feet High and Rising......

Rememer that one??!!! :p Sure getting that way here. We live way back in the woods and it is such a mess. Today was the first day of a little sunshine for two weeks. We've developed a leak in the connecting passageway between the older part of our house and the new section of it. Had a guy out yesterday to look at it and he got his truck off the drive and stuck up to the axle yesterday. Destroyed a section of the drive and the drain from the middle of our circle drive to the outside of it. I stood out there for only about 3-5 minutes watching my husband and him digging the truck out. It was raining cats and dogs and I was standing under the porch. Absolutely covered up in mosquito bites in that short period of time.

I was soooooo glad to see the sun today. So depressed. The daughter of a very close friend was killed in a car wreck about two days ago. Funeral is on Saturday. I watched that child grow up. It brought back memories of my only brother's death in a similar wreck and being waked up in the middle of the night to go identify his body. Those poor parents. I remember how it was so hard for me and my family. He was only 28 and had a new baby girl. Alcohol involved in both accidents. Such a needless loss. She had just received a full scolarship to a good college.

Anyway, the sun is shining and I'm trying to get some of it. It always helps my mood.

Also got some crisis in my children's family situations. Stress isn't letting me sleep and I'm eating too much.

Whine, whine, whine. :cool: Just needed to get this out. Thanks all of you.

Billye