NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Rsd/crps (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/232270-rsd-crps.html)

godsgirl0313 02-10-2016 01:40 AM

Rsd/crps

Hi all. I live alone as everyone I loved or was friends with abandoned me when I was dx with RSD/CRPS. Except for my mom. I have a little service dog Millie you saves me everyday as living with this horrible disease with no cure takes everything from you - you loved. I am here looking for support by others with same dx. And learn all I can. :wink:

Lara 02-10-2016 02:18 AM

Hello and welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

Please check out the

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Forum

You'll find an Introduction Thread at the top of the forum in the Sticky threads. Otherwise, just post on the main forum. You're sure to find a lot of support and information from the members there.

take care.

Littlepaw 02-10-2016 09:32 AM

Hello and Welcome,

I am so sorry you had to come and join us but you will find this a good place for sharing and support. We have a friendly bunch of understanding people on the CRPS forum and have a wealth of experience between us about various tips and treatments. Though the disease is not curable at this time there are many options to make life more comfortable and what works for one may not work for another. It can take a while to find what is right for you.

I don't know your story but do hold on to hope. CRPS bigwig Dr. Michael Stanton Hicks of Cleveland Clinic says 80% of people improve over time. In the meantime the losses can be difficult to deal with. If you don't have a therapist helping you I highly recommend seeing one who specializes in chronic pain. I found tremendous relief emotionally and physically working with one who used EMDR and hypnosis.

I'm so glad you have your little dog! Fur-babies sure make a difference. I don't think I would've gotten through this without the constant, sensitive attention of my cat who always seems to know when I need her most.

Take care and come see us soon,
:hug:

Darlene 02-11-2016 12:58 AM

Nice to meet you!!

:Wave-Hello: Hello and welcome, happy to see you have come to be with us, it a great place to be. We have a great number and caring fellow members here, where you have find a supportive and relaxing place. Have fun looking into the different forums. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug:

Moonspell67 02-11-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepaw (Post 1198355)
Hello and Welcome,

I am so sorry you had to come and join us but you will find this a good place for sharing and support. We have a friendly bunch of understanding people on the CRPS forum and have a wealth of experience between us about various tips and treatments. Though the disease is not curable at this time there are many options to make life more comfortable and what works for one may not work for another. It can take a while to find what is right for you.

I don't know your story but do hold on to hope. CRPS bigwig Dr. Michael Stanton Hicks of Cleveland Clinic says 80% of people improve over time. In the meantime the losses can be difficult to deal with. If you don't have a therapist helping you I highly recommend seeing one who specializes in chronic pain. I found tremendous relief emotionally and physically working with one who used EMDR and hypnosis.

I'm so glad you have your little dog! Fur-babies sure make a difference. I don't think I would've gotten through this without the constant, sensitive attention of my cat who always seems to know when I need her most.

Take care and come see us soon,
:hug:

Hi,
I agree- dogs or other pets are very under-rated when it comes to lifting moods. I had a depressing winter last year and if it wasn't for my dog, I dunno where I'd be.