NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   I am so STUCK!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/232529-am-stuck.html)

Wiix 02-15-2016 02:54 PM

I am so STUCK!!

Along with losing days now I can't get to the things that need getting to. I have 3 or 4 phone calls that I need to make but I can't seem to get to them. Can anybody give me suggestions as to WHY this is happening and how I can get these things done??? :confused: I'm serious. :(

NurseNancy 02-17-2016 12:53 PM

sometimes when you feel overwhelmed it helps to break a "job" into steps, or segments. for instance, don't feel you have to make 4 calls. tell yourself you choose to make 1 call.

also, for me anyway, i'm at my best in the beginning of the day. my body is in more pain & i'm more tired at the end of the day so more unlikely to get things done.

you might also try doing 1 thing & then resting. then try something else. giving yourself breaks may keep your strength & energy up.

i'm a list kind of person. but, don't put 12 things on it. maybe 3 or 4. i try for that. if i'm getting tired i'm able to stop at 3 & start a new list for tomorrow.

hope any of this helps.

Wiix 02-17-2016 02:01 PM

Sure does, thanks. :winky:

kicker 02-18-2016 10:42 AM

I advocate a Multi-Sensory approach, for example I SEE I take my meds.,
I FEEL myself getting them out, I SAY out loud what I did, I HEAR myself. nothing to SMELL. I have to think about what I do. I'm home all the time, stuff tends to run together if I don't make an effort. I try to have a schedule (general) and be strict with my self.

I tell myself I can't eat the cookie, nap, etc. until I do certain things.

The taxes (courtesy of my brother the accountant) need signing. I need tp put them where I can see them (visual reminder).

Lara 02-18-2016 04:08 PM

Lists - me too

I buy those packs of sticky notes from the post office or stationery store.

I write lists.

I write down what needs to be done and I get a sense of satisfaction as I cross off the items on the list.

Prioritize. I don't put absolutely everything that needs doing on the list. Just the important things and they're the ones that usually involve other people such as phone calls and they're the worst because I loathe using a telephone. Telephonophobia for real! :o

I do most things on the computer for that reason, as I don't need to have one on one contact which is very difficult for me. For bills I just stick the note on the top of my computer and do one thing at a time.

Wiix 02-18-2016 04:38 PM

1 call done multiple times, totally useless.

2 call to bank, maybe unnecessary can find balance on wdl slip.

3 call got tax forms

4 call, can't remember who it was to and what it was about. :confused:

:D