NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Weather & MS Symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/232919-weather-ms-symptoms.html)

Kitty 02-24-2016 04:37 AM

Weather & MS Symptoms

The weather and all it's fluctuating changes is my biggest gripe with my MS symptoms.

We've been having Spring like weather here in GA this past week. Warm and stormy. And I am all over the map with symptoms from dizziness to pain.

Does the changing weather effect anyone else as severely as it does me? I feel like a walking weather vane!

Can't wait for Spring to actually get here.....NOT.

SallyC 02-24-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 1201038)
The weather and all it's fluctuating changes is my biggest gripe with my MS symptoms.

We've been having Spring like weather here in GA this past week. Warm and stormy. And I am all over the map with symptoms from dizziness to pain.

Does the changing weather effect anyone else as severely as it does me? I feel like a walking weather vane!

Can't wait for Spring to actually get here.....NOT.

Yes although I'm like an UNwalking weather vane:eek::rolleyes:.
I've been having leg spasms and the weather changes ramp them up like crazy!
It's even worse in a Nursing home where you can't Readily stretch it out.:(. And
The heat is still on with no A/C. Heat is my worst enemy, so Spring is nice, but
Summer is coming.!!

NurseNancy 02-24-2016 11:33 AM

the only thing that affects me is heat.
if i get too hot, at it's worst, i can lose my ability to walk. i get weak and even short of breath.

so far i'm loving the cooler weather here in FL.

Starznight 02-24-2016 11:53 AM

A bit southeast of you while still in GA, but yeah the constant changes we're having, where it's 30 deg one night then 80 deg the next day is killing me too. It's not summer weather, and it's not spring or winter weather. It's just crazy weather as it is every spring :(. Heat is still my worse enemy but with 40 and 50 deg temperature swings even 60 degs can feel like an oven right now.

Hurray for having an HVAC DH though, so I know our unit can keep up with running the A/C through half the day and the heat through the other half. Not that my body seems to care that it is kept at an even 73 deg while inside... I swear it knows what the temperature is outside and just loves to act like that's the temperature inside. Much as I hope it settles down soon, at the same time I know what's waiting for us on the other side of these swings... lots of heat and humidity :(

Sparky10 02-25-2016 09:40 AM

It isn't the changing that gets me, just heat and humidity. They are a main reason I moved from Mississippi to Iowa. Like NurseNancy, my walking ability was adversely affected. Here in Iowa, in the cold, I can hike the woods for 90 minutes +!

Kitty 02-25-2016 10:00 AM

I know the weather plays some part in our symptoms but I think my issues are the fact that my MS is just progressing and I'm feeling the effects from that.

I mean, I can't blame the weather for it all......can I? :o

On a brighter note I will be going to The Shepherd Center for PT and OT and I have switched to a Neurologist there that specializes in MS only. :D

SallyC 02-25-2016 10:42 AM

Of course you can blame the weather and anyone else.:D:hug:

Starznight 02-26-2016 09:22 AM

I blame my DH all the time :p.