NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Hurting (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/232988-hurting.html)

-Spike- 02-25-2016 07:17 PM

Hurting

Hello Everyone,

I want to apologize for not being around very much lately. And, I'd also like to thank PurpleFoot for checking to see how I've been during this time. My pain has been so debilitating that I can't think, I can't focus, I can't reason effectively. I'm just absolutely struggling. I start to read a thread, and I can't remember what the last sentence was. It's just been a really tough battle with my CRPS lately. It's just nasty! My pain forces everything else out of site. I truly do hope that each of you is having better days lately than I have, yet I know that each of you too has your struggles. I truly wish that this disease weren't so difficult for all of us to bear at times. Even though I've been kind of on the sidelines, I've been keeping many of you that I've gotten to know in my prayers. Peace!

-Spike-

Littlepaw 02-25-2016 08:03 PM

Spike,

I'm sorry you are having so much pain. I hope it eases soon. I know it is difficult when the pain is so bad you can't concentrate. When it's been like that for me I've always said the pain is making it so I can't even see straight. Not fun when you can't get away from it at all.

Take care and be kind to yourself. Hopefully things will settle soon.

Sending healing thoughts, LP

NurseKris 02-25-2016 09:29 PM

I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. I know how frustrating it is when you try to do something to keep your mind off of the pain and it ends up causing more problems. Forgetting what happened two minutes ago can be irritating and sometimes embarrassing. I was on the phone with my lawyer today and could not find the words to explain something to him.

I know you are a religious person so don't be afraid to ask him to take some of the pain and stress. I know I feel better when I have a good cry and prayer session.

I hope you can get a break in the pain and get some rest that I am sure you need. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your family and friends or us here.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer :hug:

PurpleFoot721 02-25-2016 09:29 PM

Spike,

Thank you for that kind message. There really is no need to apologize to us for not being around much when your hurting. We all know too well what it's like in times like that. You don't want to do too much and just wish and pray that the pain will ease, even just a little, sometime soon. Sometimes just taking a few minutes to pass along or read a friendly message is all it takes to take your mind away from the pain, even if it's just for a moment. I'm not sure if my checking in on you has helped take your mind from the pain but it has helped at times for me. To know that others are thinking of you and do care about how you are doing. I think it makes a big difference.

I do hope that better days come soon. As always, we are here for you whenever you feel like talking.

Warm hugs :hug::hug::hug:

catra121 02-25-2016 09:38 PM

I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time right now...it is awful how much this monster can take from us. Take care of yourself and know that our thoughts are with you. Praying that you get some relief soon. Hugs.

BioBased 02-26-2016 03:21 AM

Spike,

I hate that you are feeling pain, too much pain to do what you enjoy. One thing I learned at the hospital is I am chronically dehydrated, which I was told contributes to pain. After an IV the pain dramatically plummeted.

Even if you don't answer a post I know you read them all, as I do. I know you are out there cheering all of us on.

visioniosiv 02-26-2016 03:23 PM

Spike,

Thanks for being such a big supporting presence to all of us here. If anyone deserves a permanent respite from the pain it's you.

zinnia 02-26-2016 07:16 PM

Spike,

I am sorry you are in so much pain. I understand that all consuming pain. I hope you get some relief soon. I am glad you shared with us. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the well wishes.

zinnia