NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Mannitol disolves Alpha Synuclein (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/233294-mannitol-disolves-alpha-synuclein.html)

Blackfeather 03-03-2016 05:50 PM

Mannitol disolves Alpha Synuclein

Listen to an interview with Don McCammon and reversal of PD symptoms. I found this info incredibly hopeful. He is a fellow parkie. maybe someone else can post some science links for mannitol and Parkinson's.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/parkins...insons-disease

kiwi33 03-03-2016 06:18 PM

Here is a free-access link about this; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3682557/.

Although the work was done using fly and mouse models, this looks encouraging to me.

Blackfeather 03-04-2016 03:21 PM

Thanks for the link, Kiwi. I thought info on mannitol would elicit more response. I received my order of syncolein and will give it a try.

MartyC 03-04-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackfeather (Post 1202634)
Thanks for the link, Kiwi. I thought info on mannitol would elicit more response. I received my order of syncolein and will give it a try.

Very interesting, please keep us posted on how it treats you Blackfeather.

johnt 03-05-2016 08:00 AM

Is the regimen safe in the long-term?: NOT PROVEN. As I understand it, mannitol needs to be taken daily at a dose of 1.5 tablespoons/day for life. The same research group describe mannitol as a BBB disrupter. There must be a concern as to what this lets into the brain. Against that is its successful long-term use as a food agent.

An interesting claim for mannitol is that its effects can be noticed in two months. (I was expecting a disease progression slowing therapy, such as alpha-synuclein cleansing, to take at least a year before having a noticeable effect.) This shortens the test period. It can be made quicker still by testing continuously throughout the trial: stopping early if the initial results make it unlikely that the positive outcome is achievable; reporting early if the initial results are particularly good. The tap-test can be used for this.

John

gerrysawyer8 03-14-2016 04:03 PM

updates on syncolein usage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackfeather (Post 1202634)

Dear Blackfeather, any changes in condition since the use of syncolein? I am wanting to buy for my husband, but don't want to go thru expense if it doesn't work.

Thank you!

Gerry

Blackfeather 03-14-2016 06:10 PM

I am on day 12 and so far don't notice any difference. I am hoping I will experience something positive in the next 2 weeks. I am on board with taking syncolein until I use up my 2 month supply. I'll let everyone know my results.

zanpar321 03-14-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackfeather (Post 1204334)
I am on day 12 and so far don't notice any difference. I am hoping I will experience something positive in the next 2 weeks. I am on board with taking syncolein until I use up my 2 month supply. I'll let everyone know my results.

I'm taking the straight mannitol now at at day 8. Some extra gas but not too bad. No improvement yet but will let everyone know how it goes.

ashleyk 03-17-2016 02:42 PM

What to think?

So since Don's email address is posted in this thread, I thought I would ask some Mannitol questions in an email to him.

Here are my questions to Don McCammon:
Can I ask how long you have had PD and if you take Sinemet now or in the past and if it helped you? Is your brother taking mannitol and how has he done on it. And, in general, how have other people who take mantitol done. If some one who has advanced PD, will mannitol allow them to lower their Sinemet dose and also reduce on/off time and other PD problems? Testimonials would be great.

And his reply:
I am so sorry about your wife's condition. At this point I doubt she would benefit from Mannitol in that she has probably lost most if not all of her dopinergic neurons.

Don

So he has not provided any information or testimonials on his customers who he sells Mannitol to. I don't know if he ever took Sinemet and he claims it only helps with early onset PD. I was hoping for a more informative response.
When low dose naltrexone LDN was being claimed as a lifesaver 10 years ago. My wife began taking it then for 7 years. It did not help and she is at a very advanced PD stage now.

Blackfeather 03-17-2016 06:18 PM

I'm sorry about your frustration with Don. Those are reasonable questions and deserved a response. I asked if syncolein could help with dystonia. He said, "I have no idea". That is all had to say. It's still worth try in my opinion