NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Mattress having CRSP (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/233885-mattress-crsp.html)

wannabefree 03-17-2016 11:14 PM

Mattress having CRSP

Any with suggestions on mattresses? Having CRSP since 2003 I need desperately need advice. My whole body is in pain. Pain management talking about infusions now. This would be my last hope to ease the burning pain from this horrible condition but a MATRESS is so important now

Seaglass1972 03-18-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabefree (Post 1204852)
Any with suggestions on mattresses? Having CRSP since 2003 I need desperately need advice. My whole body is in pain. Pain management talking about infusions now. This would be my last hope to ease the burning pain from this horrible condition but a MATRESS is so important now

I don't know where you live, but I went to Jordan's Furniture here in MA. I bought a Jordan's brand Simmons Black Beauty rest. It is pillow topped and I find I am able to get some sleep, but my CRPS is in my arm, so my arm is always on top of a pillow. Also, seems silly, but I bought sheets from QVC called "Berkshire Blanket Velvet Soft"--- I thought I would give them a try. Since they are velvet, they are so soft they do not bother my arm, they are great for hot or cold, and I love them. They have been a lifesaver for trying to sleep. I normally used cotton sheets but I found they irritated my skin too much since my CRPS. Hope that helps.

Barefoot 03-19-2016 11:42 PM

Dealing with the mattress

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabefree (Post 1204852)

I have CRPS in my foot. Every day is different, but I've found most days I can sleep in our bed when we have 1000 count Egyptian cotton sheets with a sateen finish. The brand we're using are Vera Wang from Kohl's. We have a Temperpedic mattress, but For me it's not about the mattress as much as what is directly in contact with my foot. Sometimes even these sheets are too rough or I am too sensitive to risk running into a wrinkle, so I use a very soft piece of faux fur under my foot. And then there are the bad days, where I sleep in the recliner with a wedge pillow under my leg with my foot hanging off the end. I cover my foot with that faux fur if it's cold, but sometimes I can't handle the weight of the fabric. It's been a matter of trial and error and doing what I need to get some rest. Hope this helps!

mommystime2 03-20-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1205148)
I have CRPS in my foot. Every day is different, but I've found most days I can sleep in our bed when we have 1000 count Egyptian cotton sheets with a sateen finish. The brand we're using are Vera Wang from Kohl's. We have a Temperpedic mattress, but For me it's not about the mattress as much as what is directly in contact with my foot. Sometimes even these sheets are too rough or I am too sensitive to risk running into a wrinkle, so I use a very soft piece of faux fur under my foot. And then there are the bad days, where I sleep in the recliner with a wedge pillow under my leg with my foot hanging off the end. I cover my foot with that faux fur if it's cold, but sometimes I can't handle the weight of the fabric. It's been a matter of trial and error and doing what I need to get some rest. Hope this helps!

We have an extra mattress topper with a warmer and cooler side we bought at SAMs club, it's memory foam also we jersey knit soft sheets

Jimking 03-23-2016 08:09 AM

We bought a Sleep Number bed. My wife who has RSD did her homework and decided that buying this bed could be quite pricy if you order all the bells and whistles, such as attached pillow tops etc. Over time having extras attached to the mattress ware down within 5 years as all mattresses do. The cost of those extras can double the cost of the mattress. Instead buy the mattress without any extra toppings and purchase a couple of inches of pillow tops/foam separately of your choice. When they ware down simply replace them. Sleep Number is a fancy air mattress with its own separate bottom support. Very little moving parts and no box springs. One can make their own foundation and save, again plenty of cash. For example you could purchase only the plain Queen sized Sleep Number mattress without its foundation and spend only $500 at the most I believe. That mattress will last 20 years. Anyway my wife loves this bed. Never a complaint and sleeps much better.

Ouchiefeet 03-25-2016 12:08 PM

I have mirrored RSD in my ankles, feet also in my face. I bought a new hybrid mattress. It is like a tempurpedic but also has support from coils. I love it! It is a cool top mattress and I don't get that burning up feeling at night like I used too. I also splurged on very soft sheets. They cost me over $300.00 but they don't irritate my feet and they also stay very cool.

I did not buy from this company but here is an explanation of the mattress. http://www.us-mattress.com/sealy-pp-...JmOxoC6EPw_wcB I had a full tempurpedic and sent it back because it was way to hot. This one is a nice combination of the 2 types. It doesn't bounce and rock like a traditional bed it conforms to my body and makes me feel really supported. I did also splurge on tempurpedic pillows and they have helped as well.

I don't like to spend a lot of money but if it gives me any sort of relief I would rather spend it on something important like a bed.