NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   Vitamin B1 odd reaction (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/236175-vitamin-b1-odd-reaction.html)

Zen42 05-23-2016 02:42 PM

Vitamin B1 odd reaction

When ever you buy a loaf of bread or a multivitamin it is almost always full of synthetic vitamines. I am not against this but bear with me a moment. There are perhaps 4 more or less common forms of B1 but up to 1980 almost all enriched products and vitamin pills had the form thiamin HCL. It took me a long time to discover that I had a reaction to thiamin HCL. In a dose dependent manor it made me depressed, irritable and hungry. Now the funny part is consuming a lot of natural B1 reversed this effect. Like take a 100mg tab of thiamin HCL and in 1/2 hour I was shaking like I had Parkinson's then eat 2 oz of dedicated liver which is full of B1 and the shakes stopped in a 1/2 hour. I started reading nutrition labels in 1980 and found one bread that used thiamin mononitrate instead of thiamin HCL. I found out the thiamin mononitrate did not make me depressed. It took a long time but now most multivitamins use thiamin mononitrate and I believe all enriched breads now use thiamin mononitrate. To me this was a huge thing as I stutter and when eating bread with the old thiamin HCL in it well I had a heck of a lot of trouble talking etc. But if I avoided anything with thiamin hcl in it prehaps 90 to 95% of my stuttering stoped. So I am almost paranoid wondering if other people suffered from this and if perhaps that is why the thiamin hcl is seldom used now. Oh! Enshure still uses the thiamin HCL but I bet the reason for that is the studies done with it wouldn't be valid if they changed the form of the vitamin used in it. By the way as I said just avoiding the thiamin hcl got rid of about 90 to 95% of my stutering well taking a little extra thiamin mononitrate gets rid of about 90% of that last 5% of my stuttering.

LisaAnnB 06-14-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen42 (Post 1212106)
When ever you buy a loaf of bread or a multivitamin it is almost always full of synthetic vitamines. I am not against this but bear with me a moment. There are perhaps 4 more or less common forms of B1 but up to 1980 almost all enriched products and vitamin pills had the form thiamin HCL. It took me a long time to discover that I had a reaction to thiamin HCL. In a dose dependent manor it made me depressed, irritable and hungry. Now the funny part is consuming a lot of natural B1 reversed this effect. Like take a 100mg tab of thiamin HCL and in 1/2 hour I was shaking like I had Parkinson's then eat 2 oz of dedicated liver which is full of B1 and the shakes stopped in a 1/2 hour. I started reading nutrition labels in 1980 and found one bread that used thiamin mononitrate instead of thiamin HCL. I found out the thiamin mononitrate did not make me depressed. It took a long time but now most multivitamins use thiamin mononitrate and I believe all enriched breads now use thiamin mononitrate. To me this was a huge thing as I stutter and when eating bread with the old thiamin HCL in it well I had a heck of a lot of trouble talking etc. But if I avoided anything with thiamin hcl in it prehaps 90 to 95% of my stuttering stoped. So I am almost paranoid wondering if other people suffered from this and if perhaps that is why the thiamin hcl is seldom used now. Oh! Enshure still uses the thiamin HCL but I bet the reason for that is the studies done with it wouldn't be valid if they changed the form of the vitamin used in it. By the way as I said just avoiding the thiamin hcl got rid of about 90 to 95% of my stutering well taking a little extra thiamin mononitrate gets rid of about 90% of that last 5% of my stuttering.

Wow
Interesting...