NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Jitterbug (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/236313-jitterbug.html)

Kitty 05-27-2016 07:54 AM

Jitterbug

No, not the song although I now have it in my head......:rolleyes:

The phone! I ordered the Jitterbug SmartPhone! First ever smartphone I have had.

Here it is: Health Apps, Cell Phones for Seniors, Medical Alert | GreatCall

It has the 5-Star app built right in and activated. Plus the screen is big enough for me to be able to see it. I can't wait for it to get here!

First thing I'm gonna do......sit staring at my phone while my boys are talking to me!! :winky: :stirthepot:

St George 2013 05-27-2016 08:46 AM

Great news Kitty !

Wasn't that a dance in the 50's ? I wasn't born until 1962 but I remember my older cousin wanting to teach me that dance !

You will be so excited and have so much fun with that phone.

Debi from Georgia

Kitty 06-02-2016 09:57 AM

Got my SmartPhone yesterday and got it all set up and activated.

It is definitely smarter than I am. :o:o

I texted my DIL last night just to make sure I was doing it correctly. I was but I'll never be as fast as all these youngun's around me are.

tkrik 06-02-2016 05:25 PM

You'll have to keep us updated on how you like the service. The plans look reasonable compared to many.

I have a smart phone but it's not very smart. I really wish it was a little smarter where spelling and grammar are concerned.:D I have a hard time with the tiny little letters and pushing them. I loved my old phone but it stopped working properly and I wasn't able to make calls. That phone had an actual slide out keyboard. Loved that feature! Eventually, you'll get the hang of it and things will be much easier.

doydie 06-04-2016 12:37 AM

my dearest sister, and I do mean that in every way even though she can be a pain in the toukus, got the plain Jitterbug a couple of years ago. Just a straight flip phone that is a phone only. Big numbers, no other features. That is all she can handle. My BIL did buy a Samsung tablet for her for Christmas and all of us has to help her daily find what she is looking for. Can't find face book, can't find messenger, where is the camera, how does she share, why do I have this new friend? It is a never ending question. As far as the phone, it is never turned on so we can never reach her on it when she is out. She is just like my husband, turn it on only when she wants to call. My husband finally got over that when he got his ulcerative colitis and we would keep in contact when needed. Also he discovered the peaceful aspect of Pandora radio while he is at the river jsut sitting there.

tkrik 07-01-2016 11:15 AM

Kelly - How do you like Jitterbug so far? I got something in the mail from my insurance about getting a phone and free calls or something like that. I think the provider was SafeLink.

doydie 07-02-2016 12:36 AM

Can you do video calling on that phone??? That is the neatest thing. I love it.

kicker 07-02-2016 08:19 AM

Kitty - very interested in Brain Games - which ones are they! I have a card memory game <(atch up pairs of pictures), checkers (helps logic and strategy) and Tangrams to aid in special relationship practice strategy. I used to write reports and this kind og language would help explain why you did stuff.

Kitty 07-02-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrik (Post 1215818)
Kelly - How do you like Jitterbug so far? I got something in the mail from my insurance about getting a phone and free calls or something like that. I think the provider was SafeLink.

I love it! Find something new about it nearly everyday! :o I bought the package that gives you 1137 talk minutes, 300 text messages and 100 mb of data. I'm going to have to increase the text allotment. :o My DIL and I text back and forth all day!:o The talk minutes roll over so any not used are not lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doydie (Post 1215861)
Can you do video calling on that phone??? That is the neatest thing. I love it.

No, I don't video chat. Not sure if it even has that feature. I'll have to check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 1215873)
Kitty - very interested in Brain Games - which ones are they! I have a card memory game <(atch up pairs of pictures), checkers (helps logic and strategy) and Tangrams to aid in special relationship practice strategy. I used to write reports and this kind og language would help explain why you did stuff.

It has Brain Games but I haven't signed up for it yet. I plan to, though. Looks like fun.