NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   more... "treatments", options for PCS/TBi (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/23633-treatments-options-pcs-tbi.html)

pono 07-12-2007 10:11 AM

more... "treatments", options for PCS/TBi

I've been "offline" -- internet connection problems -- hope I can finish reading new Posts & Reply. Aloha... to all , good to see more activity in this forum tho sorry for the reasons , problems bringing us here. But hopefully together, thru sharing, support , & more...we can reap benefits & progress .

I wanted to start a new thread, to reply to PCS McGee...
thanks for replying to my earlier post & sharing therapys that have been helpful. I too figure no harm in using several of those supplements, and vitamins. more on this later?...

I am very interested in "LIGHT" therapys.... will check out Links ; any additional info & experiences shared-- appreciated

I had Cranio-Sacral treatmts, years ago -after accident when I was hit by car; it really helped relieve pain, tension & spasms in my neck cervical spine, that were causing severe headaches. I've not found therapist who does this in area where I now live. I'd try again ...

RE: Neurofeedback.... I've researched & really wanted to try some type of this (seems are many and can be helpful for numerous problems, disorders inc. TBI/PCS) I was finally referred to Neuropsychologist that does Neurofeedback but communcation issues resulted in missing appt. that was scheduled. May take awhile to get re-scheduled, as this DR is very busy, but he did take the tme to personally call me, so I'm impressed.
referring DR [physiatrist] said NEURObeedback can be very beneficial for TBI/PCS and felt I would be a good "candidate" for this therapy, that he would not recommend for everyone, but seemed to feel that my "awareness" & ability to articulate what was going on were pro indicators it (neurofeedback) could be beneficial. but that it does take a lot of "work", time & effort, and not all insurances cover these treatments.

While researching Biofeedback & Neurofeedback, I found website
www.wilddivine.com
Software programs for home use , simple Bio & Neurofeedback "games". Don't know much about these but seems highly rated --in general {not specifically for TBI/PCS) but creators of these Mind games, include DR. Andrew Weill , Deepak Chopra & other alternative "gurus".... a clever & beautiful program for Home use; will check into, possibly get, but also will pusrsue NeuroPsych.

I've been doing "better" w/ PCs (compared to few months ago)
Most of my attention now on other med issues-- esp. Chronic Pain dis.

I just began a Light Therapy for this-- Photonic Stimulator. I'm more hopeful , will see...

greetings to folks I've not yet "met" and all here-- hope I'll stay connected-- these internet problems have been frustrating, as are the other "connection" issues... from TBI/PCS

Blessings.....