NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Another article on Low Level Light Therapy (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/236523-article-low-level-light-therapy.html)

russiarulez 06-02-2016 08:42 PM

Another article on Low Level Light Therapy

LLLT has been discussed here a few times, and I just stumbled on this interesting article in a laser magazine of all places.

Laser Focus World - May 216

Zoom in when trying to read the text.

Mark in Idaho 06-02-2016 09:23 PM

LLLT has great value in dermatology. The limitation it has limits its use with TBI. It can only penetrate about 1 to 2 centimeters at best. Great for skin care but not much help with TBI. The in-vitro research is well within this limited penetration. The Mass General research is with dermatology uses.

I have a LLLT system in the wavelength for tendon and such repair. It caused more inflammation than benefit.

Maybe there will come a day when they have found a safe way to get deeper penetration without over-exposing the surface tissues like they can do in radial radiotherapy for tumors.

JBuckl 04-06-2017 07:14 PM

Mark, what LLLT system do you have?

I just bought the CCTV mentioned here: The Brain and Mental Health Benefits of Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) — Optimal Living Dynamics

and here:
The Benefits of Infrared, Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and Photobiomodulation - Selfhacked

JBuckl 04-06-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBuckl (Post 1240422)

and lastly, here:

1 Effective, Easy & Cheap Biohacks For Everyone To Try.

todayistomorrow 11-04-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1213103)
LLLT has great value in dermatology. The limitation it has limits its use with TBI. It can only penetrate about 1 to 2 centimeters at best. Great for skin care but not much help with TBI. The in-vitro research is well within this limited penetration. The Mass General research is with dermatology uses.

Just wanted to bump old post as I’ve been doing research into this. Shining light on the head: Photobiomodulation for brain disorders - ScienceDirect

It seems 810nm can reach 5cm into skull in places so conceivable to support some of the conginitive and neuro genesis improvements in mice. It seems for cost($200)and low risk of therapy, it’s worth trying.

pkw2100 06-16-2021 10:53 PM

I started using light therapy for my peripheral neuropathy but stopped after 4 weeks due to concern that because it promotes cell growth, it might also promote the growth of cancer cells--I have multiple myeloma. I'd appreciate any thoughts or opinions.

Mark in Idaho 06-17-2021 06:51 PM

The TBI/PCS forum is not the place for this question.

A cancer forum might be better.

Photobiomodulation and Cancer: What Is the Truth?

Multiple Myeloma Side Effects- CIPN, Oral Mucositis, Low-level Laser Light Therapy- PeopleBeatingCancer

Using Light To Eliminate Multiple Myeloma at Washington University - The Myeloma Crowd