NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/)
-   -   Long Time No See... (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/2371-time.html)

bobkat 10-01-2006 06:28 PM

Long Time No See...

Hi All,

Thanks to Ella, here I am with the supportive family that helped me so much through my diagnosis and options almost a year ago. I am glad to report that I am doing extremely well. No more pain/twinges and no meds since March 2006 (my MVD was February 2006). I had a wonderful summer off (remember, I'm a Special Education Teacher). My family and I traveled a ton - Disney, Cincinnati, and two trips to Long Island - one trip included visits to to the Hamptons and Mountauk. It's just about a month back at school and it's going very well. It's nice to be teaching with no pain and no recovery from surgery. Unforutnately, I pulled a tendon in the arch of my foot from walking too much on my treadmill (I have also joined Weight Watchers and have lost a little over 40 pounds). I am currently in a walking cast and hope to be back in sneakers (with added othotics) and back on my treadmill soon. Since my surgery I have really put my mind into 2 things; reduce stress, and get this body healthy!! So far, so good (a little bump in the road with my foot has not got me down yet!!!)

I look forward to being part of this wonderful community again.

Kathy

balisong 10-01-2006 10:52 PM

I love hearing such good news! I'm glad everything is going so well for you. Congrats on the weight loss, too. 40 pounds is awesome :) Hope your foot heals quickly.

Love,
Jan

crysopac 10-02-2006 03:23 AM

Welcome back! I am so happy for you. I hope the school year is wonderful for you. Ours is going great! Which is amazing since it always takes us a little time to get back in the swing of things. Is public school the same? I hope to chat with you again soon.

crystalina

sunflower 10-02-2006 06:58 AM

hi KATHY

What good news. How energizing, no pain, no meds, a big dose of fun and a success in working toward a healthy body. A nice upper to start the school year off right. Hang around, there will be a lot of people for whom you can be a terrific resource. Nancy

ella138 10-02-2006 07:12 AM

Hey Kathy
What a great post! You really do have it together now. The foot thing is just a minor setback, you'll be running marathons before you know it! Ran into Jean on the chat last night. Did you know there was a chat here too? Maybe I'll catch you on it later and we can catch up. I'll be home tonight watching the premier of "The Bachelor". I'm so shallow...:o

Rudy's Mom 10-02-2006 08:06 PM

Hi Kathy

Glad to read that you are doing so good. It's been a long road for both of us this year. I'm not doing as good as you are, but I'm better than I was. My pain is back, and today I had to start the Tegretol and Amitriptyline again. I barely slept the past 4 nights because of pain. It's been 4 months since my MVD, so maybe this is just a minor setback. My double vision is improving, and I have special glasses with prisms that now let me drive a little bit. It feels so good to have my freedom back. I think not driving was the worst part of the ordeal. Congratulations on your weight loss! I did Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and lost 30 pounds. It feels great, doesn't it? Keep up the good work and hope your foot is better soon. Sheila

EE03 10-02-2006 10:15 PM

Wow, great news!!!! Surgery a success, great summer travels in good company! I'm so glad for you!

Keep us posted!
Ellena:D