NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Hot weather (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/238280-hot-weather.html)

Brokenfriend 07-25-2016 01:39 AM

Hot weather

It's almost 2:39 AM, and the temperature is 80 degrees. It was 81 degrees a few minutes ago. It was in the upper 90's yesterday, and it's suppose to be in the upper 90's today.

OK. I know. It's to be expected. When is the black cloud going to come out of the blue, and rain like the world is going to come to an end? Our forecast today says no clouds today, or tonight. At this time of year all of that can change quickly. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 07-25-2016 02:59 AM

I hope it cools down

Dear BF,

Good luck in the heat.

When I did not have a/c I used to keep my hair wet as a way to feel cool.

I used to put ice on my wrists, the inside of my elbows, and along my neck.

Eight low-tech ways to keep cool in a heatwave - BBC News
Quote:

Plunging your hands into a bucket or a basin full of cold water will help you cool down, says Mike Tipton, professor of human physiology at the University of Portsmouth.

11 Tips on How To Survive A Heat Wave Without Air-Conditioning - MedicineNet
Quote:

Fill buckets or basins and soak your feet. Wet towels and bandannas can have a cooling effect when worn on the shoulders or head.
How to sleep when it's unbearably hot | Health News | Lifestyle | The Independent
Quote:

Freeze your pyjamas
M

OhKay 07-25-2016 05:34 AM

It's been i the mid 90s here for quite a stretch. I can't be out for long because the heat aggravates my MS symptoms. I have auto start on my car and leave it on when I go into stores. I and am pretty quickly in and out of places.

I have cooling bracelets for my wrists, but I don't use them anymore. They add a little weight to my arms, which is enough of a deterrent not to use them. Many people with MS wear cooling vests, etc because they can't avoid the heat and it poses such problems for them.

We keep getting "severe thunderstorm warnings," but we are fortunate that we haven't been hit. A town a couple of minutes away was hit very hard and several homes had severe damage a few nights ago.

Dmom3005 07-25-2016 10:19 AM

We had a heat advisory for about 5 days. It finally rained and stormed overnight last night. Not sure how hot it is going to be today.

I can usually get out to run errands in the morning before 11. Its cooler
then. But it was really muggy and hot yesterday. So not fun going out

Donna :hug::grouphug:

Wiix 07-25-2016 10:27 AM

I take frequent breaks in my ACed bedroom thoughout the day. Looks like it's going to be another hot one today. Oh God, I hope it ends soon. :o

Skeezyks 07-25-2016 11:10 AM

It's in the upper 80's F. in Minnesota currently. But just 2 or 3 days ago the "feels like" temperature was about 107 degrees! :cool: Still that's nothing like the record high temperatures that have been recorded in the Middle East recently! :eek:

Brokenfriend 07-25-2016 02:19 PM

It's 98 degrees out there right now. During the Spring we had a tornado about a mile from here that did a lot of damage. I'm concerned about any weather patterns that might cause more problems. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 07-25-2016 08:47 PM

crazy weather we are having.
can't believe the weather forecasts. 70% today and it sprinkled.
lol
we could use the rain.
bizi

Brokenfriend 07-25-2016 09:20 PM

It's 87 degrees here at 10:20 PM. :eek: No rain yet. When it comes it will probably be booming with thunder for a while. I hope that we don't have hail, and/or high winds. :confused: You never know what it's going to do in hot weather like this.

I'm always concerned about this kind of weather because I have radio hobbies, and antennas on my roof. I'm worried about them being struck by lightning, or being blown down. My antennas are grounded though, so that in theory the lightning would go into the ground because of the ground rods that I have in the ground. BF:hug::grouphug::hug:

bizi 07-25-2016 10:09 PM

friend I think you are a smart man.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi