NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Skin Cancer on Both Arms (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/238338-skin-cancer-arms.html)

Condor 07-26-2016 04:47 PM

Skin Cancer on Both Arms

I had a biopsy two weeks ago, and the result is skin cancer on both arms. I didn't have any problems with the biopsy. I am concerned that the excision will cause a flare. I have had enough pain with TOS/RSD. Has anyone had skin lesions/cancer removed from an arm or hand? If so, what was the outcome. Looking forward to any responses.
Stephen

CRPSbe 07-27-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1218340)
I had a biopsy two weeks ago, and the result is skin cancer on both arms. I didn't have any problems with the biopsy. I am concerned that the excision will cause a flare. I have had enough pain with TOS/RSD. Has anyone had skin lesions/cancer removed from an arm or hand? If so, what was the outcome. Looking forward to any responses.
Stephen

I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck with the excision (it has to happen). The flare-up is secondary to something major as this.

Condor 08-11-2016 07:37 PM

I go in Friday Aug 12th to have the excision. I am kind of nervous because of the fear of a flare. I don't know if they will do both arms or wait for another day to finish the excision. Wish me luck.
Stephen
AKA Condor

CRPSbe 08-12-2016 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1220195)
I go in Friday Aug 12th to have the excision. I am kind of nervous because of the fear of a flare. I don't know if they will do both arms or wait for another day to finish the excision. Wish me luck.
Stephen
AKA Condor

Good luck today!

Littlepaw 08-12-2016 10:36 AM

Dear Condor,

My thoughts are with you today for a smooth procedure and quick recovery. I hope all goes well and you don't have too much pain. Since taking Vit C is recommended after surgeries to prevent CRPS you might consider 500mg daily for a month or so for good measure.

sending healing vibes, :hug:

Condor 08-15-2016 02:07 PM

Well, so far so good. I have 15 stitches on my right arm above the wrist, they froze 4 small ones on my left arm, and froze one on my left leg. No more pain than usual, except the stitches are driving me crazy. Any time I use my right hand, they pull or burn. Not like RSD, but still painful. Not as afraid as before the surgery. My right hand is still swollen, but it is getting better. I'm waiting for the Pathology report. I am one of those vets that gets excellent care at the VA. Thanks for letting me sound off, and I appreciate the kind words.
Stephen
AKA Condor

Condor 08-23-2016 06:52 PM

The Dr called this morning with great news, I am Cancer Free!!!! Just have to limit my time in the Sun and watch for any skin lesions that appear. I am very happy today! Hope everyone is having a pain free day.
Stephen

Diandra 08-24-2016 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1221466)
The Dr called this morning with great news, I am Cancer Free!!!! Just have to limit my time in the Sun and watch for any skin lesions that appear. I am very happy today! Hope everyone is having a pain free day.
Stephen

Great news....nothing like hearing those words "cancer free" .
(I treated breast cancer last year and had a good one year checkup so can relate to your elation)
My best, Diandra

CRPSbe 08-24-2016 07:04 AM

That's amazing news! Congratulations. :)

Littlepaw 08-24-2016 07:37 AM

:Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli:

Condor, that's great! I am glad to hear it. So happy for you that the procedure was both tolerable and a success. That is a big victory.