NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I'm very upset about possible rent. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/238456-im-upset-rent.html)

Brokenfriend 07-29-2016 07:56 PM

I'm very upset about possible rent.

Some relatives want me to pay rent from my SSDI. I am so upset. I tried to reach my case manage, and councilor in the last two days, but they didn't answer the phone, and didn't call back. Now I'm stuck with a sick feeling, and burden that is hurting my chest at the end of the week. Now I may call the emergency services, but they would recommend me to come in there, and who would feed my cat?

I'm in allot of pain, and I can't find anyone to comfort me. I am extremely upset, and burdened. BF:Sigh::grouphug:

Skeezyks 07-29-2016 08:23 PM

Hello Brokenfriend: The Skeezyks would simply like to send some healing thoughts your way with the hope that you will be able to find deep peace within... :)

bizi 07-29-2016 08:46 PM

hi friend.
I am so sorry for this added burden....
why the sudden change in rent/ agreement? do you know why?
Aren't you protected some how?
anything in writing?
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 07-29-2016 10:10 PM

Nothing in writing. What was said triggered my insecurity. BF:hug::hug::hug:

ger715 07-29-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1218740)
Nothing in writing. What was said triggered my insecurity. BF:hug::hug::hug:

BF,:hug::hug:
Rather than put yourself thru all this stress; please give them a call and let them know how you are feeling so sick over this. They may not even be aware what this is causing you.

Please, for your sake; call them asap.

Gerry

Mari 07-30-2016 03:31 AM

Talk to the relatives.
Talking is usually helpful. :hug::hug::hug:

M

OhKay 07-30-2016 08:27 AM

I get SSDI. I know how little those checks are, and I can understand why you are so upset :hug::hug::hug:

Do you think that if your relatives realized how little money you are living on, and that you have other expenses (especially the medical expenses), they would have a change of heart? Are you comfortable divulging that info to them?
Of course Gerry is right… they may not be aware how things like this effect you either :hug::hug::hug:

I'm sorry you have this huge worry after having so many good days :hug::hug::hug:

I hope that your case manager can help you, and there's a positive resolution to this problem. In the meantime, I will say some good words for you :hug::hug::hug:

Diandra 07-30-2016 02:53 PM

Hi BF,
Having the roof over our head being threatened is certainly one of the biggest stressors we can have. I'm feeling your pain over this situation.

As usual, the gang have given you terrific advice. If you are anything like me, when I have to discuss these sensitive issues with my family, I get emotional or teary and find it difficult expressing myself clearly.
My suggestion, if you find it difficult to talk about what is going on or don't want to have to be questioned too much, maybe email or write to them?
As was mentioned, they may not have a clue how this is pinching your finances.
Big hug,
Diandra

mymorgy 07-30-2016 03:35 PM

can you have your case worker talk to them once they are reached? It might be less stressful.,Maybe they need to know how little you get.
hugs
bobby

Brokenfriend 07-30-2016 10:31 PM

Fear, and depression are horrible when it is stirred up, and triggered. Fear of/and or rejection, and fear of being abandoned is even worse when all stirred up together.

My sister, who died last August said that I would not fall between the cracks.

I mentioned rent, or worse to a family member on line. My next of kin seems to have disconnected communication with me. Other people talk for him. I don't think that he likes me. BF:hug::hug::hug: