NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSD Dr. test? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/238971-ssd-dr-test.html)

davOD 08-14-2016 12:22 PM

SSD Dr. test?

Ok, It looks as SS wants me to see a Dr. and have a test(Mental exam)...I am a TBI surviver, any idea what test?....I have had alot of Nerosyc. testing over the last 10 years (due to workmans comp)....
Any one take one of these?...What should I expect?

Jomar 08-14-2016 02:37 PM

Not sure about any specific mental test..
But they may do functional testing, like what kind of things you could do/not do in a job environment. Maybe mental is a part of that..following directions, etc??

You can search for more info on functional testing on the site with our search tool.

Cdmeyer01 08-14-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1220423)
Ok, It looks as SS wants me to see a Dr. and have a test(Mental exam)...I am a TBI surviver, any idea what test?....I have had alot of Nerosyc. testing over the last 10 years (due to workmans comp)....
Any one take one of these?...What should I expect?

Hello. I had a school like test measuring my general iq, and then I talked to the Doctor about my past, answering his questions as they arose.

davOD 08-15-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1220432)
Not sure about any specific mental test..

You can search for more info on functional testing on the site with our search tool.

It turned up nothing...thanks

Bobo 08-26-2016 12:55 AM

I had an appointment the 1st of this month for the same thing. The doctor told me it was to find out if I was able to manage my own money. She spoke with me a little bit, then ran a couple of quick test. The test seemed to mainly do with Math and Memory.

Hope this helps,

Bobo

davOD 09-10-2016 10:03 AM

Took test yesterday.....
It was awful..!
2 hours of testing, a nurosyc test!
No answers or outcome...

davOD 10-07-2016 11:05 AM

Update, less than a month later I got semi results....

Why they thing a brain injury will get better when your 10 years in is beyond me?

" Your claim will be reviewed from time to time to see if your still eligible for benefits based on disability or blindness"

So nothing taken away, just more of the same.....Glad this ordeal is over till the next review.

DBaron 02-12-2017 10:34 PM

They sent me to their doctor when I was in the initial approval process in 2007.

All I remember is that they gave me gas money and told me where to go. The guy gave me a mini-mental exam and that was about it.

Who is the president?

Some simple math questions...

Can't remember what else.