NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   battery Removal (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/238999-battery-removal.html)

zygopetalum 08-15-2016 10:00 AM

battery Removal

Ok, how come there have been no goofy questions since I last posted? You guys need to step it up. ;)

My battery only shows 13% available and never gets any more so I am assuming it is on its way out. I never use it unplugged anyway so was just going to take it out....um, there's a big hole when I remove it? Are they just part of the case like that or is there a battery to pry off :eek:, I don't see anything different when I try to look online. This one is on a corner and it wont even stand up without the battery not to mention dust, etc getting into the scary looking stuff I see. I don't want to buy a new one.

Thanks
judi

Jomar 08-15-2016 10:36 AM

What kind is it.. Is it a really flat /thin laptop? I guess that might be an issue then..if you can't stand it up..?

Mine are older laptop style so I just remove battery and leave the empty space there..but it doesn’t affect the sitting or with it open all that is fine..
the battery area is enclosed on mine , can't see the internal parts..
But for super thin, I guess they have to cut back on things to make them smaller/thinner.

zygopetalum 08-15-2016 02:26 PM

No, its one of the big, clunky old Dell Latitudes that was pretty pricey when it was new.

I found some that were cheaper than the $79 or $99 I don't want to spend, would it be ok to buy the $33 or the $45 ones or would they fry my computer?

Also I have it sitting on some old cassette cases I got at a thrift store and have a book about the same height that might cover the hole, would that be ok or would the paper get hot? I could put a piece of glass on it or something. If nothing else i would like to do that until I get the battery so I don't fry something.

I really don't want to spend anything on it if I can avoid it but could go the cheaper batteries.

Battery is located in front on the right and its large, its one with an arm.

Thanks

Latitude PP4X - Dell - Notebook Battery - Batteries - Advanced Pro Battery, Notebook, Laptop Battery, Digital Camera Camcorder PDA Batteries & Adapter Charger from Laptopcharge.com & Advanced Pro Series Battery

Jomar 08-15-2016 05:55 PM

A generic battery that says it fit for something should be fine.I would make sure there is a good return policy , just in case it doesn't..

I found with a quick google search.. just make sure the system requirements match up..
Amazon.com: Hi-quality Laptop Battery for Dell Latitude PPL PPX C CP CPi CPIA CPIR CPM CPT CPTC CPX CPXH CPXJ Series: Electronics

I avoid setting my laptops on anything paper or flammable , just to be safe..

zygopetalum 08-18-2016 04:50 PM

It took me all this time to get up enough nerve to actually do it, it seems to be fine. :D I took my cassette tape 'legs' off and set the corner on a 6"x8" piece of glass from a picture frame, it still doesn't quite cover the hole but will see if I can find something better or buy a new battery.

Enough trauma for one day.

Thanks, as always