NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   silenor (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/239202-silenor.html)

mymorgy 08-22-2016 07:22 AM

silenor

it definitely helps with depression. today i am almost high. I didn't sleep that well but i did sleep on and off. I looked for my card case for over an hour so that might have interfered with sleep.. I couldn't rest til i found it

ger715 08-22-2016 10:38 AM

Bobby,
Do you think the 6mg's caused the "high"? I know you mentioned it came 3mg's and 6 mg's. Is this a capsule? Or is it a tablet where you might cut the 6mg's to more than 2/3's of the tablet. That might give you more like a 4 - 5 mg's rather than 6mg's? Just a thought...

Gerry

mymorgy 08-22-2016 10:52 AM

i don't want to monkey around and i like the good feeling is so rare and am not manic. i am tired

bizi 08-22-2016 08:05 PM

I am glad that you feel good!
enjoy that feeling:)
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Skeezyks 08-22-2016 08:47 PM

This is a med I have not heard of before. Hope it continues to be of benefit, my morgy! :yahoo:

mymorgy 08-23-2016 05:42 AM

i just love the pill. i got another good night sleep. i went to bed early and woke up at five thirty. I didn't get a refill yet. something about the insurance co wants to speak oi the psychiatrist. I hope it works out. I would be so frustrated if i finally found a drug that solves my sleeping problem and helps my depression and some thing gets in the way.
bobby

bizi 08-23-2016 07:58 AM

wow this is such a good report. Hoping it continues to work for you and that the insurance company can get approval from your pdoc or what ever they need.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Mari 08-23-2016 02:55 PM

Sleep meds.

Drugs approved for sleep:

Common Sleeping Pills: Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem, and More

Ambien,
Lunesta
Rozerem
Sonata
Silenor (Doxipine)
Benzos: Triazolam, Tempazepam (Restoril), . . .
Antidepressants such as Trazodon, Mirtazapine (Remeron), . . . .

=-=-=-
Doxepin/ Silenor is also called Sinequan. I was on Sinequan for a while decades ago.
There is even a cream formulation of it:
Doxepin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

=-=-=-
List of Tricyclics --- same class of drug as the Silenor (Doxipine)
They were first marketed in the 1950s.
Tricyclic antidepressant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

M

mymorgy 08-24-2016 05:52 AM

thank you. it didn't work last night. I was too upset. I don;t thin the insurance company will give it to me.

OhKay 08-24-2016 06:37 AM

I have a Medicare HMO plan and looked up Silenor. It has a quantity limit, so that is the probably the issue. Your doc may still be able to resolve that issue with the insurance company though.