NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hey (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/23938-hey.html)

Clifford 07-17-2007 10:48 AM

Hey

Sorry for the bad title....

Anyways, I found this site oddly enough...while scanning through files on AS on google...

I must say...Ive read through somethings...and people here seem very polite, and comforting. Regularly I wouldn't have joined a new site on a random guess that this place might be helpful...but it seems nice here.

So anyways....naturally on other sites im asked to give some info about myself, you know, get to know the other members or something..

My name Is Clifford, I am diagnosed (spelling?) with AS- Asperger Syndrome. I am in a slight difficult time in my life right now, as me and my family are moving countries, but im sure itll all be over soon. Ehh...I think I might be younger then some members on this forum..as I am 16.

Im sorry, im never good at making hello posts..I hope to enjoy my time here, depending on if i can remember to keep coming to this site, i hope to be here long.

I actually stopped writing this post for 15 minutes to walk around the hotel im in...Ive gotta say...I think ill really enjoy it here...im in a new city, so i dont have any friends..though i hardly make any, and i dont know anyone to talk to...This site, might be a comforting place to be at.

Lisa-Marie 07-17-2007 11:15 AM

Hello everyone

My name is Lisa-Marie and I suffered with epilepsy for over thirty years. I am so pleased to be a part of this community.

Jomar 07-17-2007 11:58 AM

Hello and Welcome to both of you:)

Just give a shout if you need assistance finding your way around.

AfterMyNap 07-17-2007 01:52 PM

Relax, Clifford, you're doing fine. Anyhow, isn't "Hey" the current polite greeting? It is in my neck of the woods.

It has to bite the big one to be moving countries for a guy of 16. Hopefully, your new place will be great and you'll find yourself surrounded with good buds.

So, is your AS under control, or is it giving you a hard time? I don't have AS myself, but an acquaintance of mine has it and he's kind of embarrassed sometimes because he gets some little ticks. I try to tell him that it's charming, at least more charming than when I fling food across a whole restaurant because of my multiple sclerosis! He's a good sport and keeps his sense of humor, but sometimes, just like me, things can get to a person.

Hope to see you around. We have a social chat forum where we just talk about "stuff" and have a few laughs. Our buddy TireSlasher is 22 but hasn't been around lately... we think he got busted.;)

AfterMyNap 07-17-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa-Marie (Post 124872)
My name is Lisa-Marie and I suffered with epilepsy for over thirty years. I am so pleased to be a part of this community.

Welcome, Lisa-Marie, you'll find plenty of good information and supportive people here. If we can help with anything at all, just give us a holler.:)

Dmom3005 07-17-2007 02:20 PM

Hello, to you both I'm Donna and I am in many of the forums here.

I am the mom of boys that have different disabilities. And you can
find me in those rooms, epilepsy, child health and sometimes I'm in
the autism room because I work with kids with autism.

I also go to the bipolar forum, because mental health issues run
big time in my family. And I also go to the post concussion syndrome
room.

My youngest has seizures so you'll find me talking epilepsy some.

Donna

DM 07-17-2007 02:30 PM

Hello Clifford!!! Hello Lisa Marie! Nice to meet you both... Your'e right... this is a pretty friendly place and it is filled w/so much info.

Look forward to hearing more from you both.... :welcome_sign:

Clifford 07-17-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

So, is your AS under control, or is it giving you a hard time?
Kinda random, Ive been seeing councellors ect for a few years now, my parents are both military and aint around alot, thats the actual reason for the move, so I ussually go talk to other people about my problems. I suppose it gives me a hard time when something begins to bother me, this move of countries especially...im really used to life as it used to be.

I had to leave so much behind...girlfriend, sports teams, the three friends I had made in those years up there...yeah, three, Im not a very social person, thats where it comes to bite me...My old councellor told me it was normal not to understand the basics of some forms of peer bonding, like un verbal communications..it always makes people think im weird, so I kinda try to avoid conflict, the three friends I did have, were video gamers like myself, almost all time talking to them was through a computer...so much easier that way.

Im just kinda worried I wont be able to make back what I left...and my grade 11 year starts in like four or three weeks...oh boy.

Sorry about rambling on, thanks for the welcoming....

Doody 07-18-2007 05:32 PM

Hi to both of you and welcome! This is a great place full of very supportive people.

Let us know if we can help you navigate the forums.

:hug:

watsonsh 07-18-2007 08:31 PM

Hi Clifford and Lisa Marie,

Welcome to both of you. :hug: I hope to see you around the forums.