NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   New PN book (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/239450-pn-book.html)

dogwalker 08-29-2016 11:12 PM

New PN book

My librarian daughter just sent me a link to a new book coming out on Sept 18 from Johns Hopkins University Press, Peripheral Neuropathy: What It Is and What You Can Do to Feel Better by Janice F. Wiesman, associate clinical professor of neurology at New York University School of Medicine and adjunct assistant professor of neurology at Boston University School of Medicine. It focuses on the most common types of neuropathy though, and is probably geared to people who are just beginning to learn about PN. Here's the link:

Peripheral Neuropathy

onlyhuman 09-02-2016 02:06 PM

Thank you! I am trying to purchase this, but cannot find the button on the website. Do you know if it is available for purchase yet?

Joe Duffer 09-02-2016 08:42 PM

Amazon Purchase Info:

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyhuman (Post 1222593)
Thank you! I am trying to purchase this, but cannot find the button on the website. Do you know if it is available for purchase yet?

Amazon: Peripheral Neuropathy: What It Is and What You Can Do to Feel Better (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book): 978142142851: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com

onlyhuman 09-06-2016 12:31 AM

Thanks Joe Duffer! Just placed my order!

Ragtop262 09-07-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyhuman (Post 1222919)
Thanks Joe Duffer! Just placed my order!

Let us know how the book is, I might buy it if its decent. Not much information about it on Amazon, doesn't even say how many pages :confused:

dogwalker 09-07-2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragtop262 (Post 1223076)
Let us know how the book is, I might buy it if its decent. Not much information about it on Amazon, doesn't even say how many pages :confused:

It's 136 pages.

mrsD 09-08-2016 10:53 AM

Expect it to have mostly medical drug interventions;

I bought the Latov book when it came out and it had two glaring
errors in it about B12 on separate pages. (he said to take 500 milligrams a day).

It focused on medical testing and medical interventions. There were 3 or 4 famous people, sharing their PN bios at the end. I don't recall Latov spending much time on drug induced PN either. So I am not at this time shelling out my retirement $$ for this newer one. I'd appreciate others giving a book review here, though.

onebeed 09-26-2016 09:02 PM

Has anybody read this book?

onlyhuman 09-27-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebeed (Post 1224886)
Has anybody read this book?

I'm reading it now. I like that it starts with the medical descriptions, drawings and roles of the nerves and then moves into different causes for nerve damage. I've flipped further into the book and it goes into treatment as well. I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend this book to others.

movedtotexas54 09-27-2016 10:24 AM

New PN book

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1223125)
Expect it to have mostly medical drug interventions;

I have the book and there is a nice sections on symptom treatment without medicines and another section of treatment with medicines that are not pills. Also good info about scams in the internet.