NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   NEW NEW NEW Weather Thread (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/239498-weather-thread.html)

Mari 08-30-2016 11:54 PM

NEW NEW NEW Weather Thread

Hi, We have so much rain these days. If there is more there will be
flooding.:rain::rain:

I passed several car accidents on the way to pdoc's appt.

I hope it clears up for us.
I hope others in weird weather situations are safe.:Good-Luck:

M

Brokenfriend 08-31-2016 12:15 AM

Hi Mari I've seen the reports, and radar of your State. That tropical storm is moving over most of the State.

It looks like it's very energized around the Tampa area. That's close to where one of my cousins lives.

It will become rainy, but it will pass hopefully soon. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 08-31-2016 12:22 AM

It's just hot, and humid up here. The storm is forecast to go out to sea before it would enter my State. There is a large high pressure system over this area. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 08-31-2016 03:43 AM

I think we are getting rain from a different system -- not the tropical storm although we are expected to get rain from that storm too in a day or so.

They are warning of rip currents -- (All tourists out of the water)
What is a rip current?
Quote:

Moving at speeds of up to eight feet per second, rip currents can move faster than an Olympic swimmer.
Panicked swimmers often try to counter a rip current by swimming straight back to shore . . .
We are also under a flood warning.
NWS Flood Safety Home Page
Quote:

A Flood Warning is issued when the hazardous weather event is imminent or already happening.

M

bizi 08-31-2016 08:06 AM

So sorry mari. I hope you stay safe and dry as possible. I know that you have a storm coming your way too.
sorry for all of the funky weather.
bizi

Dmom3005 08-31-2016 11:43 AM

:hug:I'm finally get a cooler day even in the low 80's for what we have had in humidity its really nice.

Everyone stay safe.

Donna :grouphug::hug:

Brokenfriend 09-01-2016 01:11 AM

We had a powerful thunderstorm that came out of the blue Wednesday night. There was a lot of lightening.

I should have remembered that storms like this can happen at any time in hot, and humid weather like this. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 09-01-2016 05:14 AM

I'm sorry that you're getting so much rain in your area, Mari. I hope you don't get much more, and there's no substantial flooding…
I know there's a lot of storms hanging around out there causing lots of rain, particularly on the Atlantic coast.

mymorgy 09-02-2016 05:46 AM

what about the hurricane?
worried bobby

Mari 09-02-2016 11:05 AM

storm surge the worst part of Hermine

That storm hit Keaton Beach, Fl at 11:15 pm Thursday night going 80 miles an hour with a storm surge.

Marine & Natural Resources - Keaton Beach Aerial Photos -- Taylor County Extension Office

The areas in the picture are probably flooded at the moment because of the
record storm surge. The storm hit during a NEW MOON -- New and Full moons
bring the highest tides of the month.

=-=-=-=
My brother told me that he and his tug boat are safely tide up in a harbor on the East Coast.

M