NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Music app to relieve symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/240232-music-app-relieve-symptoms.html)

GerryW 09-21-2016 03:18 PM

Music app to relieve symptoms

Colombian neurosurgeon creates app that uses music to treat Parkinson’s | CCTV America

A music app that eases symptoms.

Blackfeather 09-22-2016 03:29 PM

Gerry, how are you doing with your new regimen. Are you getting around without a walker? How do you function now meds versus aminos?

GerryW 09-25-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackfeather (Post 1224555)
Gerry, how are you doing with your new regimen. Are you getting around without a walker? How do you function now meds versus aminos?

In general, the main complaint I have is that the on times are too short but I don't know if that would have been the case with the aminos. Likewise. about a month ago I was standing at a counter when for no apparent reason, I fainted. I've decided to stop driving.

Other than that, it works well but too briefly.

Jomar 09-25-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GerryW (Post 1224762)
In general, the main complaint I have is that the on times are too short but I don't know if that would have been the case with the aminos. Likewise. about a month ago I was standing at a counter when for no apparent reason, I fainted. I've decided to stop driving.

Other than that, it works well but too briefly.

Have you had other fainting spells?
My dad (83) went through quite a few in 2014/15.
They have lessened this last year luckily.
We think most of his were due to blood pressure fluctuations - extremely low BP swings causing the faint & falls..A few times it has been very hard to wake him up from a day time nap.. like if company stops in to visit.....
His PD Dr says the BP swings are related to PD..
His heart has checked out as OK and not a factor.
We did notice he does better in the mornings with a bit of a protein drink soon as he wakes, might stabilize any blood sugar issues..

GerryW 09-25-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1224779)
Have you had other fainting spells?
My dad (83) went through quite a few in 2014/15.
They have lessened this last year luckily.
We think most of his were due to blood pressure fluctuations - extremely low BP swings causing the faint & falls..A few times it has been very hard to wake him up from a day time nap.. like if company stops in to visit.....
His PD Dr says the BP swings are related to PD..
His heart has checked out as OK and not a factor.
We did notice he does better in the mornings with a bit of a protein drink soon as he wakes, might stabilize any blood sugar issues..

I sympathize with your dad. I had a previous faint a year or two ago when I was on the aminos. It was clearly from BP fluctuations, but this one doesn't seem to be related to orthostatic hypotension. I did't just get up or change position. I had no clue that it was coming and I no longer seem to have the hypotension.