NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Long time PCS, weird persistent facial headaches. Opinions? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/240332-time-pcs-weird-persistent-facial-headaches-opinions.html)

Casterno 09-24-2016 06:23 AM

Long time PCS, weird persistent facial headaches. Opinions?

Hey guys, thanks for reading my thread.

I'm around 13 months out of a concussion, it was 'mild' on the scale. Symptoms took weeks to appear, got the usual dizziness, nausea, headache etc. Basically all cleared up within the first few months.

However one persistent symptom I have is what feels like a nasal headache. I'm simply not sure if its related to the concussion or if its coincidental.

I regularly get nasal symptoms, runny nose, sneezing clear fluids, almost every day. I have a fairly persistent tension feeling between my eyebrows/top of my nose. It sometimes is in my ears too. I have fairly consistently heavy eyes too.

It hangs around nearly all day and I find gets worse with stress or activity. If this is perplexing to anyone else it seems to be to my doctors too. I've mentioned the possibility of Migraine's but the sneezing/nose fluids isn't typical with that. Nor is its daily persistence.

I mentioned it to my Neuro, who didn't seem to understand it as it didn't sound like a traditional headache. My understanding of Migraine's is low, I just want the headache to leave.

Thanks for any input to hep identify what this may be.

Bud 09-25-2016 01:29 AM

I hope someone here has something for you in regards to your question.

All I can offer is best wishes to you and glad you have beat the worst.

Bud

Mark in Idaho 09-25-2016 03:11 PM

Casterno,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You may ask a ENT to check out your nasal passageways. When I suffered a concussion as a child, I shattered my nasal septum. That was 1965. I just had it repaired last October. During recovery, I had pain the the area you mention. When I had my concussion, I hit on my forehead and slid to a sop on my chin but did not have any noticeable injury to my nose.

But, my ENT surgeon said my septum was a mess.

There have been reports of the bone structures around and behind the sinuses being injured during concussions.

An ENT may want to do an MRI or other imaging if this becomes a chronic problem.

Casterno 09-26-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1224777)
Casterno,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You may ask a ENT to check out your nasal passageways. When I suffered a concussion as a child, I shattered my nasal septum. That was 1965. I just had it repaired last October. During recovery, I had pain the the area you mention. When I had my concussion, I hit on my forehead and slid to a sop on my chin but did not have any noticeable injury to my nose.

But, my ENT surgeon said my septum was a mess.

There have been reports of the bone structures around and behind the sinuses being injured during concussions.

An ENT may want to do an MRI or other imaging if this becomes a chronic problem.

Thanks for the input guys.

I think after a period of time it becomes difficult to know what is PCS and what is something completely disconnected. As like a river the symptoms often flow from one to the next.

I did have a sinus CT which showed nothing, I think an ENT is the next step.

I have seen a neurologist a few times, unfortunately I didn't find the experience that useful. It was nice 're-assurement' that everything is 'ok', but not much past that.