NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Has anyone tried the Amen clinic or Cerescan? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/240527-tried-amen-clinic-cerescan.html)

Stay on 09-30-2016 06:21 AM

Has anyone tried the Amen clinic or Cerescan?

Just wondering if anyone on Neurotalk has worked with either of theses two clinics. They specialize in spect scans for Post concussion syndrome. I'd like to hear from someone who went to one of these clinics before I make an appointment. Thank you!

Mark in Idaho 09-30-2016 11:07 AM

Years ago we had someone who went to an Amen Clinic. They are expensive and rarely covered by insurance. You can expect a bill of $7000 to $10,000 for imaging and consults/treatment protocols.

There is a place in Utah that does fMRI with follow up treatments for similar money.

You can also go to a Carrick Clinic and spend lots of money.

Very few have found any serious improvements from these clinics.

I've read that some have got help with their necks at MyoWorxs in Toronto.

What symptoms are you hoping to get help with.

Stay on 09-30-2016 05:46 PM

my goal for functional brain scan

I'm looking to this functional brain scan because it seems like on almost a weekly basis my therapists discover a new deficit. Since my concussion in past May I haven't noticed my deficits until I challenged myself.

I had the initial light and noise sensitivity, dizziness,headache,balance issues and if I did nothing I was fine until challenged. I didn't realize I had memory issues, aphasic (word searching) and my judgement was poor.

I've been diagnosed with post traumatic vision syndrome. I wear prism glasses and work with an occupational therapist that specializes in vision therapy.
I see a behavioral optometrist.

I also have cognitive deficits and work with a speech therapist that specializes working with concussion patients.

I work with vestibular therapist for balance

I'm hoping this functional brain scan may detect possible other deficits that my therapists can work on or am I overusing or underusing certain areas of my brain.

Stay on 09-30-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1225194)
Years ago we had someone who went to an Amen Clinic. They are expensive and rarely covered by insurance. You can expect a bill of $7000 to $10,000 for imaging and consults/treatment protocols.

There is a place in Utah that does fMRI with follow up treatments for similar money.

You can also go to a Carrick Clinic and spend lots of money.

Very few have found any serious improvements from these clinics.

I've read that some have got help with their necks at MyoWorxs in Toronto.

What symptoms are you hoping to get help with.

Please see my post regarding my goal for functional brain scan. I'm so confused on how to post on this site.

Mark in Idaho 10-01-2016 02:47 AM

"I'm hoping this functional brain scan may detect possible other deficits that my therapists can work on or am I overusing or underusing certain areas of my brain. "

I don't think any scanning system will be able to pinpoint issues like you are hoping. What these scans can do is confirm symptoms as real and not malingering. " The scan shows irregularities in the area where word finding is generated and you claim word fining struggles. It would appear you are not faking."

But, that same scan can show irregularities without any symptoms. But, it is rare to have real symptoms without scan evidence that backs it up.

I thought PTVS was Post Traumatic Vestibular Syndrome. Now I know better. But, I'll probably forget.

rgthree 10-24-2018 03:35 PM

Did an Amen Clinic scan and was pleased.

If you want a preview of what the scan will tell you, you can take the Amen Clinic add type test. Amen Clinics :: ADD Type Test We did it after our scan, and it showed the same results and recommended the same supplements. Very helpful. The test result will recommend supplements, nutrition, and exercise, but not medications.

todayistomorrow 10-30-2018 09:09 AM

I'm curious what supplements they recommended. I realize each scan is unique and thus what is recommended.

rgthree 11-01-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todayistomorrow (Post 1269204)
I'm curious what supplements they recommended. I realize each scan is unique and thus what is recommended.

We had multiple doctors recommend the following (including Amen Clinics) for concussion healing:

*Vitamin D3. 10,000 iu/day (more with doctor approval)
*Omega 3 fish oil 2,000mg/day (higher in DHA)
L-Glutamine 20gm/day
*Melatonin 30 min before bed, 5 to 10 mg time released capsules were best.
Turmeric 500mg
Magnesium
Zinc 40mg
Coenzyme q10 100mg twice a day
B complex with thiamine 100mg

For specific issues beyond the concussion, the add type test is the best place to go if you can't get a spect scan: Amen Clinics :: ADD Type Test