NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Hurricane Matthew (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/240748-hurricane-matthew.html)

Starznight 10-06-2016 10:55 PM

Hurricane Matthew

Well, I'm in the path of the storm sort of down here in se ga. We're just far enough inland that we chose not to evacuate yet, tonight will tell if that was wise or incredibly stupid. The windows are boarded up, the vehicles full of gas and enough emergency rations and such that will last us should we lose power or water. Hope everyone is and stays safe..:hug:

Kitty 10-07-2016 05:13 AM

I've been watching the news since about 4:30 AM this morning. I hope ya'll are OK where you are, Starz. I have friends in St. Simons Island and Savannah. One is in Guyton and she has stayed there with her elderly mother. I'm praying for everyone's safety. I know you probably don't have power there but I hope you're all OK and that you'll post when you're able.

tkrik 10-07-2016 08:52 AM

Praying that everyone is safe as well. Check in when you can, Starz and others that live in the path of the hurricane.:hug:

Kitty 10-07-2016 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Prayer for all in this storm's path and all who are there to help.

Starznight 10-08-2016 07:22 AM

Made it through the storm, no power or water though

Kitty 10-08-2016 10:21 AM

Starz, stay safe! It looks like Jacksonville took the biggest hit. Not sure how far from Jax you are but the news says the power is out nearly everywhere. I think GA Power crews from Atlanta have gone to help.

Starznight 10-09-2016 07:06 PM

Most people have power back, st.marys is still hit or miss on power. Our water is running, but under a boil advisory for at least the next 24 hours. But I am happy to have heard from my cousin in NC, she has no power or water yet but she made it through. Now all that's left is waiting for water to be drinkable again and just working on the clean up. All the houses in my neighborhood and nearby survived but tons of trees down remarkably all of them landed away from homes

NurseNancy 10-11-2016 03:51 PM

i'm in st. augustine, an hr south of jacksonville.
i was very lucky. our neighborhood survived. my house is ok & so am i.

i stayed with a neighbor for 2 days. she had hurricane shutters & i didn't; long story. we only lost power for 12 hrs. they had a generator but didn't get the AC going. i was so hot by 2300 that my breathing was labored. i was getting scared but then it went on. was 5 min away from a cold shower.

it was a lot of effort to pack up & unpack. really hurting & tired but thankfully we're all ok. had water but no TV, phone or internet for awhile.

take care everyone.

doydie 10-12-2016 08:41 PM

I am so glad you girls are OK. We look at your states as somewhere beautiful to go to on spring or fall break Beautiful beaches, wonderful food, family fun. I guess we forget that there are people that live there all the time and suffer the storms we have where we all live and run to to get some sun and fun. We get tornadoes where I live. I have never seen one or been in one although our area has had a couple of really bad ones, you know the ones that the weather channel sets up shop in your area for days. We had one that hit a trailer park real bad and several nearby non trailer park areas. But a lot of people dead. But those are few and far between. We live through warnings, etc. But I am so sorry that you all live in hurricane areas.

NurseNancy 10-14-2016 12:21 PM

i heard on our local news report yesterday that if the hurricane had veered 75 miles to the east it would have been catastrophic.

instead of 4-6 foot storm surges we would have had 9-12 feet. yikes.
so grateful and praying for the folks that did have damage.