NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Rsd / Bone Changes (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/24079-rsd-bone-changes.html)

piglet 07-19-2007 05:31 AM

Rsd / Bone Changes

Hi all
Im a newbie and ive just being diagnosed with RSD in my left leg after a recent ankle injury. Im 12 years old and I was just wondering because I am still growing and my foot is held in eversion will that effect my bones has I grow up?? :confused:
Please reply asap, I really need help
Many thanks :hug:
Alison
-x-

Sandel 07-19-2007 09:45 AM

Hello there..

I am not sure the answer to your question honey but I wanted to tell you welcome to the group here, we have a great bunch who like to help each other and be each others suport and sounding board.

You are very welcome here Alison, it's sad that you have this at such a young age but you came to the right place for answers.. someone else will come along soon and answer your question I am sure. My RSD was from an ankle injury too and my ankle likes to stay in an L shape and thats not so bad... eversion that is pointing out?

Any way soft hugs new friend you are not alone.
:grouphug:
Sandra

JOAN_M 07-19-2007 09:51 AM

that is a question that should be asked of your doctor. i will say, that any part of the body that is not in it's normal state, will give you problems. for instance, i had a hip problem from birth, which affected my opposite knee and my spine. so this problem should be addressed by an ortho or physical therapy doctor asap. and welcome here. you are net alone in this. joan

dreambeliever128 07-19-2007 03:17 PM

Hi Piglet,

Welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your question either. I did want to say though that I have read many a time that the younger people seem to get better from the RSD then the older ones because of their still growing and your body will change a lot more.

I hope you stick around. I am sure many will come on here with more answers then I have but there will be a lot of support for you here if you want it.

I'm sorry to see another young person going through this. My youngest Grandson is your age and I would really have a hard time dealing with him having it so I know what you and your family must be going through. Don't give up though, as I said, I believe you will get better with good medical care.

Ada

frogga 07-19-2007 05:42 PM

Hi Alison,

Your other threads got knocked onto the other pages.. however, yes, if your foot is held in eversion for YEARS then it may cause bone changes - depending on whether you are weight bearing or not. However, I know several cases where younger people have had RSD inversion/ eversion and have recovered fine - from what I know that's what happened with Betsy - she still has some problems but is generally ok ( ;) )...

My feet have been inverted and twisted for 3 years and I have been non weight bearing for 5 and I do have bone changes -however a friend of mine has had inversions for 2 years and has no problems. So...

Love

Frogga xxxxx