NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Any suggestions for glasses tint that may help with bright light & glare? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/241110-suggestions-glasses-tint-help-bright-light-glare.html)

RidingRollerCoaster 10-18-2016 03:52 PM

Any suggestions for glasses tint that may help with bright light & glare?

I have a problem with glare coming into buildings from bright windows and glare from computer screens. Has anyone found a tint for glasses that might help with this? It seems that there are many different kinds and colors.

Thank you

packersrule 10-18-2016 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidingRollerCoaster (Post 1226671)
I have a problem with glare coming into buildings from bright windows and glare from computer screens. Has anyone found a tint for glasses that might help with this? It seems that there are many different kinds and colors.

Thank you

These were recommended by my doctors and do help (by help I mean increase the time before symptoms).

Migraine Glasses

chasann 10-19-2016 03:56 AM

Suggestion,

Might pay to make an appointment with a behavioural optometrist or like who would put you through a series of tests to determine which lens best suits. Makes a power of difference when you get the right lens. Sadly there is not a one for all . . . .

Best of,

Bud 10-24-2016 10:25 PM

My photo sensitive lens on the new prescription are a gray tint.

I wish they were darker and they don't change behind glass.

Bud

Almost 11-11-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 1227200)
My photo sensitive lens on the new prescription are a gray tint.

I wish they were darker and they don't change behind glass.

Bud

I was just prescribed FL 41 as a tint for my glasses. Has anyone used this? They are light purple for indoors and darker for outdoors. Don't have them yet. Expensive to purchase for Canadians with exchange and taxes...

Bud 11-12-2016 12:02 AM

I'm going to look into that...I want something darker.

I'm not real happy with my new glasses. I see green lights double with them and head lights have a lot of rays emanating from them.

I actually see clearer with my naked eyes and when tired or busy activity around I go back to my prism glasses...my eyes seem to relax with them on around a lot of motion.

mrsD 11-12-2016 08:27 AM

I've used Eagle Eyes for a LONG time for driving and bright glare conditions. I find them wonderful. I am not a TBI person but have terrible sinus symptoms which are aggravated by bright light.

Eagle Eyes Optics | High Performance Sunglasses
They have clip ons too.

I started with BlueBlockers, but the orange tint was aggravating.

Estreetfan 11-12-2016 04:32 PM

I just got new glasses with blue light filtering lenses a couple months ago. I have been pretty impressed with them so far. They make my screen time and tv time more comfortable and driving at night is not so painful as it used to be. Actually driving at night takes less effort now so for that alone they were worth the investment.

I was hoping they would work better for fluorescent and LED lighting but only minimal relief under fluorescent lighting and no change for that cool blue LED lighting (which makes me bounce off walls!)

Aguirre 11-14-2016 07:12 PM

I suffered a partially crushed optic nerve during a multiple skull fracture and have acute light sensitivity as well as Post Trauma Vision Syndrome. I worked extensively with a COVD vision rehabilitation neuro-optometrist (finding a good one is tough). Try the NORA, Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association to see if there any trained optometrist in your area with the caveat that many are charlatans out to commit you to uninsured vision therapy rather than trying to help.
As I am doomed to live behind blackout curtains and wear sunglasses at night, finding vision therapy was critical to recovery. Direct sunlight without protection and I am on knees wilting like a modern day Nosferatu. For the computer, first put it on accessibility mode - black background with green letters, and dim it right down.
I am currently using an FL-3 tint although I see mainly FL-41 given much ballyhoo. It is really an individual decision as to what tint works best for you. I do 20 minutes on computer then a 5-10 minute break to stop onset of migraines even with the dark amber tint and adderall.

lemonbar 11-18-2016 01:13 PM

I have blu blocker with an amber tint. You can get varying intensities - I think I have 30%.