NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   ear fullness (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/241639-ear-fullness.html)

injuredbutrecoverin 11-03-2016 12:50 PM

ear fullness

anyone experience ear/head fullness that comes and goes? notice any activities that cause it etc?

MVTBI 11-03-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by injuredbutrecoverin (Post 1227993)
anyone experience ear/head fullness that comes and goes? notice any activities that cause it etc?

I experienced ear fullness for almost two years, for me it was entirely related to my neck, although I always had attributed it to my brain and over exertion.

Running or anything that bounces my head around still causes it, but lifting by weights skating riding a bike don't cause me problems any more. It gave me anxiety when it would happen, which of course would proliferate any problems I was having.

Getting ims massage physio stretching helped a ton with mine

injuredbutrecoverin 11-03-2016 03:51 PM

interesting - i suspect this is the case with me also. can you tell me what kind of stretching you would do?

randomguy 11-04-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVTBI (Post 1228007)
I experienced ear fullness for almost two years, for me it was entirely related to my neck, although I always had attributed it to my brain and over exertion.

Running or anything that bounces my head around still causes it, but lifting by weights skating riding a bike don't cause me problems any more. It gave me anxiety when it would happen, which of course would proliferate any problems I was having.

Getting ims massage physio stretching helped a ton with mine

So, did you manage to get this resolved completely through therapy? Similar symptoms on my end. Neither physio, or IMS helped me unfortunately.

Floyd4 11-14-2016 07:48 AM

I went to a really noisy restaurant about 6 months ago. I avoid those kinds of placess big time. This time i couldnt. The noise really set me off. I now feel like my left ear needs to pop or clear like when u go on an airplane. I went to the doc thinking I had water in it or something...he said it was fine. It is super annoying - if any one had any thoughts that would be amazing

chasann 11-14-2016 10:54 PM

Find that atmospheric pressure often causes my ear fullness. Hold nose and blow sometimes helps and also taking whiffs of oils like eucalyptus helps immensely especially when flying.

goodgrief20 12-04-2016 09:17 PM

In the first two months after my injury, I experienced unbearable "fullness" in my ears -- I would describe it as feeling like my ears were full of water and thus experienced a rushing or "welling" sound. I was hyper sensitive to all sound -- someone closing a door felt like it was slamming in my brain. Three months later, the "welling" or "fullness" has become intermittent, but it is worse when people shout, and I am still hyper sensitive to loud places (cafes, etc.) The only thing I found helpful was getting more sleep (which I know with PCS can be near impossible). Sorry not to be able to help more.