NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   Choices in Dentistry (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/242126-choices-dentistry.html)

caroline2 11-18-2016 02:05 PM

Choices in Dentistry

How holistic dentists are different from traditional dentists

I've done traditional dentistry all my life BUT would have done holistic approach if insurance covered this work.

Personally, I'm doing SO MUCH better since using Coconut Oil Toothpaste which I've posted about here and which I make myself.

Bryanna 11-18-2016 09:18 PM

Holistic

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for posting this information about the difference between traditional and holistic dentistry. In the past I have posted information from this dentists website because it is blatantly honest, very informative and very helpful to those seeking less toxic, whole body dental care. I've also spent a great deal of time here and at work sharing the same information that he does :)

I think it would be helpful to debunk the misunderstanding about dental insurance for holistic dental care. As far as the insurance companies are concerned, both holistic and traditional dentists offer restorative, preventative and surgical care using the same universal dental codes to submit their claims. Unlike traditional care, true holistic care would not include fluoride, root canal therapy, and most metal containing restorations/crowns. Dental insurance does not discriminate on the type of dentist you see. The benefits a person receives from their insurance is based on the provisions and exceptions of their particular policy irrelevant of who they see. For instance, one policy may cover dental implants while another policy does not. But it has nothing to do with the type of dentist that is providing the treatment. Both types of dentistry offer treatments that are and are not covered by most dental insurances.

Here is another informative page from his website about dental implants..
Metal-Free Dental Implants

Thanks again Caroline for renewing this informative site to share with other here :-)

caroline2 11-19-2016 01:02 PM

You are welcome and I can't say it enough how so improved my dental health is since making my own CO toothpaste. It's been a miracle, no dental problems. No dental appts.

Bryanna 11-19-2016 04:36 PM

Caroline,

Glad your teeth are not giving you any problems!
I am an advocate of home made coconut oil toothpaste! I make it for myself with some baking soda and peppermint oil ~'.'~

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1229197)
You are welcome and I can't say it enough how so improved my dental health is since making my own CO toothpaste. It's been a miracle, no dental problems. No dental appts.

antonina 11-21-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 1229207)
Caroline,

Glad your teeth are not giving you any problems!
I am an advocate of home made coconut oil toothpaste! I make it for myself with some baking soda and peppermint oil ~'.'~

Bryanna

hi bryanna,

would you share your home made coconut oil toothpaste recipe?

tia

RoyWills 01-05-2017 03:28 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this information.