NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Freeinhou passed away in June this year (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/242141-freeinhou-passed-june.html)

ewizabeth 11-18-2016 11:16 PM

Freeinhou passed away in June this year

I am friends with him on Facebook and went to wish him a happy birthday today. Before posting I checked his timeline remembering that he was quite ill in May and people were mentioning his passing in June. His Facebook is still there and some were wishing him a happy birthday not knowing that he passed. :(

Kitty 11-19-2016 06:19 AM

Oh my goodness! This is so sad. :(

He was so nice and used to tell us all about his job at NASA.

Wiz, do you know what happened?

Snoopy 11-19-2016 09:17 AM

I had noticed it was his birthday from another place and wondered how he was doing --- now I know :(

He would pop in and out of forums from time to time but not on a regular basis like he did quite some years ago.

RIP Tom (Freeinhou) :smileypray: :Heart:

ewizabeth 11-19-2016 07:40 PM

His real name was Tom Beck. He was only 57 years old. He had had some pretty bad heart problems and I think those escalated in the past few years. In May he posted a photo of himself in the hospital looking quite ill.

Obituaries - Hood Funeral Home & Crematory, LLC

If you go to this website you can find his obituary in the June listings but there is very little information.

doydie 11-19-2016 08:06 PM

I remember his avatar being NASA. Yes, he was very interesting. I have another facebook fan that is a fellow game player so it's one of those 'friendships' that you never meet but was an extemely close friendship. It just drove me up the wall and wanted shout through cyber land to quit sending her those hapy birthday that face book reminds us of. Thanks for telling us this.

tkrik 11-21-2016 01:40 PM

:(:( "Ground control to Major Tom..."

This saddens me. He will truly be missed. I know his health was declining and I believe he posted such.

NurseNancy 11-27-2016 02:35 PM

i'm sorry to hear that.
my prayers for him in heaven and his friends and family.

TXBatman 12-20-2016 04:20 PM

I met Tom a couple of times at the Expo the night before the MS150 in Houston. We were both signing bandannas for riders. He was a really nice guy and I am sorry to read of his passing.

Kitty 12-21-2016 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXBatman (Post 1231672)
I met Tom a couple of times at the Expo the night before the MS150 in Houston. We were both signing bandannas for riders. He was a really nice guy and I am sorry to read of his passing.

I remember the bandana thing. We all mailed one around to the members here and we all signed it.

TXBatman 01-11-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 1231706)
I remember the bandana thing. We all mailed one around to the members here and we all signed it.

I still have that bandanna and carry it with me every year. Every time I go somewhere for an MS Society event, I take it with me and have anybody I can find with MS sign it for me. I suspect I am up to around 35-40 names on it by now.