NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Update after muscle biopsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/242228-update-muscle-biopsy.html)

ErinBear 11-22-2016 10:23 AM

Update after muscle biopsy

I had a muscle biopsy almost a month ago at a University hospital here. It was a bit of an adventure, as I had some trouble with the anesthesia. It was supposed to be an outpatient procedure, but when I woke up, I was very weak. I had trouble breathing, swallowing, and walking, and had to stay in the hospital for two days. However, the biopsy did not show anything particularly helpful, and they still do not have a diagnosis. So at this point, the neuromuscular clinic is done seeing me as a patient. I will continue with my local neurologist, doing the treatment we are doing now. She thinks we need to add something more to the regimen, but to do that, we needed a diagnosis and treatment recommendations from the University hospital. That's the end result. I'll just have to try to keep coping with it as best I can, I guess.

Best wishes to everyone else out there who struggles with issues which seem like myasthenia gravis, but don't have a diagnosis. It's a challenging thing. My thoughts are with everyone here in this group, whether you have a diagnosis or not. Keep hanging in there, and keep taking good care of yourselves.

Take care,
Erin

FREDH 11-22-2016 11:27 AM

muscle biopsy

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinBear (Post 1229386)
I had a muscle biopsy almost a month ago at a University hospital here. It was a bit of an adventure, as I had some trouble with the anesthesia. It was supposed to be an outpatient procedure, but when I woke up, I was very weak. I had trouble breathing, swallowing, and walking, and had to stay in the hospital for two days. However, the biopsy did not show anything particularly helpful, and they still do not have a diagnosis. So at this point, the neuromuscular clinic is done seeing me as a patient. I will continue with my local neurologist, doing the treatment we are doing now. She thinks we need to add something more to the regimen, but to do that, we needed a diagnosis and treatment recommendations from the University hospital. That's the end result. I'll just have to try to keep coping with it as best I can, I guess.

Best wishes to everyone else out there who struggles with issues which seem like myasthenia gravis, but don't have a diagnosis. It's a challenging thing. My thoughts are with everyone here in this group, whether you have a diagnosis or not. Keep hanging in there, and keep taking good care of yourselves.

Take care,
Erin

Erin,
I was wondering how that went. Glad to hear your ok now. Too bad no additional help on diagnosis. My first blood test cleared that for me. I was positive the 1st test.
Just keep trying, and do your best
FREDH

ErinBear 11-22-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FREDH (Post 1229389)
Erin,
I was wondering how that went. Glad to hear your ok now. Too bad no additional help on diagnosis. My first blood test cleared that for me. I was positive the 1st test.
Just keep trying, and do your best
FREDH

Thank you so much, Fred. It's so kind of you. I definitely will keep trying to do my best.

Happy Thanksgiving to you if you are in the United States!

Take care,
Erin