NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Follow the DBS Road (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/242447-follow-dbs-road.html)

ScottSuff 11-29-2016 09:52 PM

Follow the DBS Road

I've been lurking this great forum for years, so I thought I was overdue contributing to it. Im documenting my steps through a DBS procedure at Vanderbilt Medical Center in a blog. I'll post updates to it as I proceed down the road if I'm able to. I have every intention of posting asap.

scottsuf.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Scott Suff

ScottSuff 12-04-2016 09:43 AM

Blog update
Scottsuf.blogspot.com

soccertese 12-04-2016 10:00 AM

scott,
your're a very good writer, wish it was on a different topic but thanks for sharing your DBS experience in such detail, it's of great value to me.

eds195 12-04-2016 11:18 AM

Scott,
I appreciate you putting yourself out there for us to follow and wish you great success with your personal DBS experience. Quick question I may have asked someone earlier, when you go to a Rock Steady session, are you On or Off medwise for maximum benefit?

Eric

ScottSuff 12-04-2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eds195 (Post 1230278)
Scott,
I appreciate you putting yourself out there for us to follow and wish you great success with your personal DBS experience. Quick question I may have asked someone earlier, when you go to a Rock Steady session, are you On or Off medwise for maximum benefit?

Eric

I think being on is best. You could fall or hyperextend your knee. There is a bunch of footwork. Also it depends what your symptoms are. My left leg will go weak first, and that takes me out of the game for the most part. From trial and error I know on a decent day I can take meds at 1 PM on my way to class, complete the class by 330 and will need another round of meds by 4 PM. Then the positive effects of the class will extend me into the evening somewhat.
Hope that helps.

ScottSuff 12-05-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottSuff (Post 1230266)
Blog update
Scottsuf.blogspot.com

Blog update

ScottSuff 12-09-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottSuff (Post 1230379)
Blog update

Made it through Stage II. Team was pleased with results. If they were pleased I'm thinking I should be as well. Blog update in works.

ScottSuff 12-11-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottSuff (Post 1230785)
Made it through Stage II. Team was pleased with results. If they were pleased I'm thinking I should be as well. Blog update in works.

A couple of pics while I work on the update, moving a little slower than before.
scottsuf.blogspot.com

ScottSuff 12-11-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottSuff (Post 1230785)

Blog update
scottsuf.blogspot.com

eds195 12-11-2016 08:08 PM

Scott,

Thanks for taking us through your procedure, very unselfish and it will help those of us that will follow. Keep the sense of humor going. Hope the results are great when you get your battery....

Eric