NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Is anyone still here? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/2433-is-anyone-still-here.html)

mags 10-02-2006 09:17 AM

Is anyone still here?

I am so depressed. I see that John Lester has Braintalk up again, but still working out the bugs. That's good. I have been unable to complete the registration process so far. I wonder if he will be able to get the members to go back there and rebuild the community. There was so much information and so many members there. I think it will be a success once again, but it will take awhile, as a community can't be built over night. I'm still glad we have this place to come to, although, it doesn't seem like there is much going on here. Oh...I am just rambling.

I am very depressed and just felt like touching base. I hope you guys are doing alright. Bye.

bizi 10-02-2006 01:18 PM

Dear Mags,
Yes we are still here....
so sorry that you are very depressed at this time.
Do you want to talk about it?
(((((HUGS))))
bizi
p.s. I bumper up some hugs for ya!

lady_express_44 10-02-2006 02:03 PM

Hi bizi and mags!

I popped over to OBT (I was a fairly active member, posting mostly on the MS forum), and it is still a little quiet there.

From what I've read, there is still some registration issues that need to get sorted out, and JL is not sure yet whether he will be able to restore the old files/threads. That would be a disappointment. :(

Although I will likely still visit OBT, I have volunteered as a moderator here because I suspect this board will grow into a supportive, caring, open-minded commmunity. I certainly appreciated that I had a place to catch up with my long, lost friends . . . and I am hoping that they ultimately decide to keep contributing here too.

Nice to meet you!

Cherie

PS. I don't have bi-polar, but many PwMS do. I hope to be able to actively contribute to this board from that perspective.

bizi 10-02-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady_express_44 (Post 18201)
PS. I don't have bi-polar, but many PwMS do. I hope to be able to actively contribute to this board from that perspective.

hi there welcome aboard!
I don't know what this is????
bizi

Wittesea 10-02-2006 02:40 PM

PwMS = people with MS (multiple sclorosis)

Welcome to the mod team Cherie :)

lady_express_44 10-02-2006 03:03 PM

Thanks Wittesea, for clarifying my abbreviation :rolleyes:, and for the welcome.

Very sorry about that bizi. I am a bit new at cruizing the other forums, and forget that we aren't all using the same terminology.

BTW, my Mom was schizophrenic, so I have considerable experience with this particular illness. I volunteered for that forum too, cause I think I feel a kinship with people afflicted with these challenges.

Cherie