NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Dear Friends, from MelodyL (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/243334-dear-friends-melodyl.html)

MelodyL 12-25-2016 07:11 AM

Dear Friends, from MelodyL

Hi. MELODY here. I am in a nursing home ok n Brooklyn. Got hit by a car last week. Using my Kindle. Fire. They put a metal rod in my hip. Too much pain. Did a bit of rehab but it continues Monday. I am alone. Alan not coping at all. He can take care of himself but not me. I am at Hahm Solomon .Rehab in Brooklyn NY. Got hit by a car in snow as torn last Saturday and was operated the following day. Been in this nursing home since last Thursday. Can use some good cheer. Didn't know where else to post. Thanks much.

Melody

MelodyL 12-25-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melodyl (Post 1232029)
hi. Melody here. I am in a nursing home ok n brooklyn. Got hit by a car last week. Using my kindle. Fire. They put a metal rod in my hip. Too much pain. Did a bit of rehab but it continues monday. I am alone. Alan not coping at all. He can take care of himself but not me. I am at hahm solomon .rehab in brooklyn ny. Got hit by a car in snow as torn last saturday and was operated the following day. Been in this nursing home since last thursday. Can use some good cheer. Didn't know where else to post. Thanks much.

Melody

room . Is. 619b

Jomar 12-25-2016 12:18 PM

Heck of a way to spend the Holidays, wishing you a very speedy recovery.

mrsD 12-25-2016 12:32 PM

I have Melody's permission to provide her address and name for anyone here who wishes to correspond with her during this trying, painful and lonely time, privately.

Just PM me and I will give you that info.

bluesfan 12-25-2016 01:42 PM

Dear Melody

So sorry to hear of your accident, especially at this time of year. I do hope you are getting good care in the nursing home and are able to recover soon.

I've adapted a little rhyme I came across recently to bring you a smile:

If luck is a raindrop,
We'd send you a shower.
If hope is a minute,
We'd send you an hour.
If happiness is a leaf,
We'd send you a tree
and if you need a friend
you have us on NT.

Wishing you good healing and wishing Alan is managing okay on his own without you.

:hug: bluesfan

kiwi33 12-25-2016 03:48 PM

Melody, I am sorry to read that.

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

:hug:

pinkynose 12-25-2016 03:56 PM

Dear Melody,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I send you lots of love and healing light.
Carol:hug:

St George 2013 12-25-2016 05:07 PM

Bless Your Heart ! So sorry

So So sorry to hear of your accident. That's just awful !

Hope you get well and home real soon.

We are here for you :grouphug:

Debi from Georgia

echoes long ago 12-25-2016 07:19 PM

wow....I'm sorry to hear about you getting hit by a car. It was pretty slippery driving here that day. Im sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope you start feeling better soon and heal quickly.

en bloc 12-25-2016 11:56 PM

Oh Dear Melody,

I do hope you recover quickly. We will be praying for you and hope you give us updates on your condition as often as you can. It will take time and patience, but you are strong and will get through this just fine.

Anita