NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   My internet was offline for about 10 days since Christmas eve. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/243623-internet-offline-10-days-christmas-eve.html)

Brokenfriend 01-03-2017 02:00 PM

My internet was offline for about 10 days since Christmas eve.

My internet service had been down since Christmas Eve. I just got it back today.(Tuesday)

Has this happened to anyone else? I think that the local server for my computer went down.

I had a computer expert come over, and he found no problem with the computer.

What aggravation this has caused me. I was shut off from my support nets. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Skeezyks 01-03-2017 03:13 PM

The Skeezyks has experienced no problems over the holidays. It is a real pain when it does occur though. :( I experienced quite a few problems, for a while, with my computer itself when I upgraded to Windows 10. Glad you got your service back! :Grin-Nod:

Mari 01-03-2017 03:49 PM

Sorry that you went through that.

It is good to have you back, Friend. :):):):):):)

:circlelove:

M

Jomar 01-03-2017 09:14 PM

Who do you get your internet from?
A cable company or a phone company?
You can google - provider name outages - and see if any outages were reported for your location during those dates.

Or this list of links should show what services had issues -
down detector - Google Search..

Brokenfriend 01-04-2017 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1232775)
Who do you get your internet from?
A cable company or a phone company?
You can google - provider name outages - and see if any outages were reported for your location during those dates.

Or this list of links should show what services had issues -
down detector - Google Search..

From a phone company. They said that about 50 people were affected by this problem, and I was one of them.

Thank you Jo*mar. I'll see if I can google information about any other computer/phone outages in the area. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 01-04-2017 07:34 AM

I'm so sorry that you were without a lifeline so close to the holidays :hug::hug::hug:

I would contact the company and tell them you want them to adjust your bill so you do not have to pay for the 10 days you were without service.

Brokenfriend 01-05-2017 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1232792)
I'm so sorry that you were without a lifeline so close to the holidays :hug::hug::hug:

I would contact the company and tell them you want them to adjust your bill so you do not have to pay for the 10 days you were without service.

Thank you Kay. They volunteered to adjust my bill for the outage. I still marvel at the fact that these companies are in other countries, and it's hard to understand their English at times. BF:hug::hug::hug: