NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   allergy eye drops= worse symptoms? (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/243922-allergy-eye-drops-worse-symptoms.html)

bny806 01-11-2017 10:04 PM

allergy eye drops= worse symptoms?

Hey guys, i hope everyone is doing well! ok, the cedar has been miserable for me, so i thought i could stop clawing my eyes out and use some eye drops instead - Opcon A.. haven't used them since i've been sick.. well a few minutes later my opposite eye is super droopy and i have double vision.. it's never been this bad for me - as far as my eyelids go.... swallowing is a little worse suddenly too...

anyone had this happen? is this a coincidence or a result of the eye drops? I did sneeze a few times which is exhausting for my eyelids..

thanks!

AnnieB3 01-11-2017 10:38 PM

That's why everyone needs to suffer through reading those drug pdfs—so we don't suffer more! There is an antihistamine in that drop (does the opposite of Mestinon).

Talk to your doctor about an alternative! ;)

Annie

FREDH 01-12-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bny806 (Post 1233481)
Hey guys, i hope everyone is doing well! ok, the cedar has been miserable for me, so i thought i could stop clawing my eyes out and use some eye drops instead - Opcon A.. haven't used them since i've been sick.. well a few minutes later my opposite eye is super droopy and i have double vision.. it's never been this bad for me - as far as my eyelids go.... swallowing is a little worse suddenly too...

anyone had this happen? is this a coincidence or a result of the eye drops? I did sneeze a few times which is exhausting for my eyelids..

thanks!

bny806
Where do you live? I am in San Antonio Tx. This is the cedar capital of the world. I use the prescription fluticasone propionate that is a doctor prescription. Once a day, hopefully starting 2 weeks before cedar season, but will help anytime. I couldn't live in San Antonio without this. Hope this could help you.
FREDH

bny806 01-12-2017 02:57 PM

Thanks y'al!!
Annie - I guess it never occurred to me that a little eye drop could have such a dramatic effect, and i've always had fairly mild ptosis relative to this.. so i was not expecting that result!!!

Fredh - I live near Dallas - so I don't think it's typically nearly as bad as it is down where you are!!! I had issues every year when I lived in Austin.. I'm gonna try to continue to deal with it, as rain is supposedly coming (mold is my normal allergy issue haha.. but not as much eye involvement).

as much as that affected me i would think it would be a standard test at neuro's offices!!!

FREDH 01-12-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bny806 (Post 1233548)
Thanks y'al!!
Annie - I guess it never occurred to me that a little eye drop could have such a dramatic effect, and i've always had fairly mild ptosis relative to this.. so i was not expecting that result!!!

Fredh - I live near Dallas - so I don't think it's typically nearly as bad as it is down where you are!!! I had issues every year when I lived in Austin.. I'm gonna try to continue to deal with it, as rain is supposedly coming (mold is my normal allergy issue haha.. but not as much eye involvement).

as much as that affected me i would think it would be a standard test at neuro's offices!!!

bny806,
Hi neighbor. Yes Austin is bad also, Dallas so-so, but remember this medicine. I have used it for several years, and only have mild allergies, if at all.(none this year).
I also have very tricky MG, and must be careful of medicines. No problems with this at all.
Glad to have you on the board, stay in touch
FREDH

bny806 01-12-2017 09:43 PM

Thank you!!! I've been on ivig x 5 years, and about to start an immunosuppresant in 1-2 months... nervous about that, but hopeful that it may help!

Thanks!!