NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Sudden flare (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/244056-sudden-flare.html)

catra121 01-16-2017 07:00 PM

Sudden flare

So here I am today minding my own business...have a fairly normal day...pain at a steady 6-7. Then all of a sudden this afternoon my left arm and left leg go into flare mode...straight to level 10 bone crushing pain. I was seriously JUST SITTING STILL on the couch when it started. I find these types of flare ups to be the most frustrating. I've had more of these in the last 3 months than I care to count...generally they take at least a week to really ease up. Just needed to vent a little...

RSD ME 01-17-2017 11:00 AM

hi Catra. i'm so sorry your having a flare and in so much pain. i hope and pray that it will ease up soon. it's so hard to deal with flares especially when they come on unexpectedly. and even when they are done it takes time to recover. i hope and pray that your flare ends soon and your recovery time isn't too long. it helps to vent when in so much pain and i am glad you did. i hope it helps a little to know i understand. Love and Hugs.

Littlepaw 01-17-2017 09:58 PM

Hi Catra,

I hope you're feeling better today. It is so frustrating when pain comes out of nowhere. My first thought is always "Dang it, I didn't even DO anything". I completely empathize with the just sitting there statement. You've had a lot on your plate which certainly can't help. I hope everything settles soon.

Until then, many hugs :hug::hug:

Hotfoot53 01-18-2017 12:50 PM

Re: sudden flare

Hi Catra- I hope today is better than yesterday. I feel for you, and I said a prayer for you today.

Shay08 01-23-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catra121 (Post 1233859)
So here I am today minding my own business...have a fairly normal day...pain at a steady 6-7. Then all of a sudden this afternoon my left arm and left leg go into flare mode...straight to level 10 bone crushing pain. I was seriously JUST SITTING STILL on the couch when it started. I find these types of flare ups to be the most frustrating. I've had more of these in the last 3 months than I care to count...generally they take at least a week to really ease up. Just needed to vent a little...

Well, Catra, it has been a week since that post. I hope that flare is over and your pain levels are manageable. Thinking of you and wishing you low/no pain days.

Shay:hug:

89danboy 02-26-2017 02:17 PM

Flare up

Quote:

Originally Posted by catra121 (Post 1233859)

Hi cantra, I'm sorry your dealing with a bad flare up.i know how bad .they do come out of nowhere sometimes.do you have anything for a bad flare up you take.like ket cream or tens unit that help.not a lot you can do ,but these things can help a little.i hope your flare clears up soon sweety.soft huggs😍

catra121 03-02-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89danboy (Post 1237583)
Hi cantra, I'm sorry your dealing with a bad flare up.i know how bad .they do come out of nowhere sometimes.do you have anything for a bad flare up you take.like ket cream or tens unit that help.not a lot you can do ,but these things can help a little.i hope your flare clears up soon sweety.soft huggs😍

Nothing unfortunately. I haven't had much luck finding medications that do much for me period...and nothing that really helps flare ups. Hot baths and heat patches are the best thing. Lidoderm patches do help if it's a specific area...but not if the pain is over a larger area and also not if it's in an area where I can't reach (like my shoulder or back).

Lately pain has generally been worse than normal...but that's pretty par for the course this time of year.

CRPSbe 03-03-2017 06:07 AM

I too have had a flare-up recently, not a bad one, thank goodness; due to me bumping my knee a bit (it's a bruise all right).

Wishing you lots of strength!