NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Went back to eye doctor. Wanted some advice (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/244057-eye-doctor-advice.html)

KellyRoberson28 n 0 01-16-2017 08:52 PM

Went back to eye doctor. Wanted some advice

I went back to the doctor because my eyes were bothering me pst two weeks. We did pictures of the back of my eyes, he said those were beautiful and no damage there which were a lot of scary concussion vision issues arise from. However he noticed my focus wasn't as good as last time and my eyes were really dry compared to last time. He said the dry eyes isn't a serious issue and he said he wasn't entirely convinced I needed reading glasses but he said to try them and see if they helped. He said there may be days were I may feel like I don't need reading glasses and days when they could help. Can vision therapy help with any of the symptoms? Like I'll get eye pain, can be hard to read at times. Are my eyes going to be ok you think? Thanks. He did say he thought I was going to be ok but I just wanted your guys opinion

todayistomorrow 01-17-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyRoberson28 n 0 (Post 1233871)
I went back to the doctor because my eyes were bothering me pst two weeks. We did pictures of the back of my eyes, he said those were beautiful and no damage there which were a lot of scary concussion vision issues arise from. However he noticed my focus wasn't as good as last time and my eyes were really dry compared to last time. He said the dry eyes isn't a serious issue and he said he wasn't entirely convinced I needed reading glasses but he said to try them and see if they helped. He said there may be days were I may feel like I don't need reading glasses and days when they could help. Can vision therapy help with any of the symptoms? Like I'll get eye pain, can be hard to read at times. Are my eyes going to be ok you think? Thanks. He did say he thought I was going to be ok but I just wanted your guys opinion

Did he test for convergence insufficiency? I'd want to rule that out before figuring out next step. Not sure if regular eye dr. Test for this. I went to eye dr and they said my vision was fine. Then I went to neuro ophthalmologist and diagnosed me with convergence insifficiency and prescribed tinted glasses which helped a lot.

Mark in Idaho 01-17-2017 05:48 PM

Kelly, Yes, your eyes are going to be OK. I have variable vision regularly. It may take a half an hour for my vision to settle down in the morning.

The back of the eyes is not where a lot of scary concussion issues show up except right away from a severe jarring forward. They do not slowly develop and show up months later.

My eyes are dry depending on the time of the day and whether I am hydrated. I have moistening drops on my night stand because some mornings my eyes are miserable until I add some moisture.

But, none of these issues are worth any worry.

A little need for reading glasses as we get to our 40's is not uncommon. Many buy cheap readers at the drug store or even dollar store. They sell them by power. 1.25 is the weakest and 2 or even 2.5 for people with serious presbyopia. You would be best to avoid using them unless your eyes are tired so your eye muscles get some exercise.

KellyRoberson28 n 0 01-17-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1233944)
Kelly, Yes, your eyes are going to be OK. I have variable vision regularly. It may take a half an hour for my vision to settle down in the morning.

The back of the eyes is not where a lot of scary concussion issues show up except right away from a severe jarring forward. They do not slowly develop and show up months later.

My eyes are dry depending on the time of the day and whether I am hydrated. I have moistening drops on my night stand because some mornings my eyes are miserable until I add some moisture.

But, none of these issues are worth any worry.

A little need for reading glasses as we get to our 40's is not uncommon. Many buy cheap readers at the drug store or even dollar store. They sell them by power. 1.25 is the weakest and 2 or even 2.5 for people with serious presbyopia. You would be best to avoid using them unless your eyes are tired so your eye muscles get some exercise.

Thanks Mark. I needed to hear that. Just a question is it ok to smoke my medical cannabis still? I heard it can cause dry eyes.