NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   pudgie (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/244107-pudgie.html)

mymorgy 01-18-2017 09:41 AM

pudgie

she seems a lot better. she is sitting on her usual spot, the printer. before she was showing interest in the laster. I don't want to cancel the appt for tomorrow. My stomach is still upset. I don't know if i will go to the senior center. last night i had the ac on. I don't know if cecilia is upset with me. she said why not go to the p,t. four times a week since you mostly lie in bed. I told her she had no compassion. she on the other had pushes herself so much

Mari 01-18-2017 09:46 AM

It is good to hear that Pudge is doing o.k.

M

OhKay 01-18-2017 10:42 AM

Cecilia may just want what she thinks is best for you vs. being mad at you. It may be more of frustration and a lack of understanding on her part, rather than a lack of compassion. I'm sorry that you feel like there's a rift between you :hug::hug::hug:

I still think 4 days a week of PT is asking too much of you, especially with the fatigue you're experiencing since the stroke.

I'm glad that Pudge seems to be doing better :hug::hug::hug:

Dmom3005 01-18-2017 10:47 AM

I really find it interesting that they are suggesting 4 times a week of
PT. I know that when I went the therapist would not even do two
days in a row.

Unless I was in the inpatient center.

Donna

mymorgy 01-18-2017 11:22 AM

bizi suggested o.t and i would also need p.t. so that is where the four times a week came from

Dmom3005 01-18-2017 01:25 PM

Bobby
Many outpatient centers schedule OT and PT back to back. You might
check on that.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 01-18-2017 01:58 PM

thatwould be way too tiring

mymorgy 01-18-2017 05:35 PM

the only place i went to only about 15 minutes at most was spent on my hands.ten minutes was spent each on different bicycles also using hands and then laying down and lifting legs with weights. I got up to two pounds thirty times on each leg plus more. then there was balancing where he tried to have me lose my balance by my standing up and closing my eyes and his pushing me. i still have trobble dialing the phone.

bizi 01-18-2017 10:55 PM

What ever therapy / exercise that you can get is better than none.
I would encourage you to go for it.
bizi
((((HUGS))))
glad pudge is better.

OhKay 01-19-2017 06:49 AM

If you go to a new center, you will need a new prescription for the therapy, and can ask the doctor to write it for your legs and hands. If you go back to the same place, the doctor can send an additional script there. You will be evaluated/reevaluated, and they will come up with a new plan. If the facility doesn't offer OT, and they think you need it, they can refer you out.

Being seen for two different problems doesn't mean going to therapy four times a week.