NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Trouble getting eye glasses. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/244171-trouble-getting-eye-glasses.html)

Brokenfriend 01-19-2017 07:36 PM

Trouble getting eye glasses.

I couldn't get on the forum yesterday after my eye glasses exam because I felt so depressed.

I had a eye exam to get better eye glasses because I had not had them checked in about five years.

I went to the eye doctor that I was recommended to go to buy my case manager. I went there, and filled the forms out.

They started checking my eyes in one room, then another. Then I went to get the right frames. They decided on trifocals. She would not take my medicare, Medicaid card saying it was a prescription medication card. The girl was young.

Then I went into the doctors office again, and got some information to read about my eyes.

Then I went out, and they said to pay 20 dollars. I said that I was told that I wouldn't have to pay anything.

The girl who helped me pick my frames said that the Lions club won't buy trifocals. I said why not. Then she took me back to the back, and showed me glasses that looked like children's eye glasses. She said I can take my pick from those. I picked one out, and she took them away, and said that they where going back. I didn't know what to think.

After this experience, I felt about 1 inch tall, very ashamed, and angry.

I went to my case manager, and she said that they made a mistake. She said that she will be going over there to explain.

I feel very depressed right now. Don't I have a right to have glasses? BF:grouphug::(:grouphug:

bizi 01-19-2017 08:26 PM

how frustrating friend.
I am sorry you had to go thru that.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 01-19-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1234120)
how frustrating friend.
I am sorry you had to go thru that.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

I'm very depressed about it. My case manager recommended them, and made the appointment for me.

There were so many people working there. How could they get so confused. That young girl took the glasses away was mean. I left upset. BF:grouphug::hug::(

bizi 01-19-2017 11:46 PM

(((((HUGS))))
bizi:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 01-19-2017 11:52 PM

Sorry to hear this, Friend.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

They should have done a better job.

Your case manager will hope to straighten things out I believe.

M

Brokenfriend 01-20-2017 02:06 AM

They wanted $650 for the glasses. Why so much? The last time I saw a eye doctor was in 2011. The glasses were $300 from the same people back then.

I gave them my card, and information in the beginning of the visit. My case manager made the appointment the week before.

There were around six, or seven people working there. Someone didn't do their job.

This type of thing makes me feel like I'm slowly going down hill as far as resources go.

I also am getting more tired of the little problems in life. I seem to have one problem, after another. The future of my life is in question. I'm tired of this. BF:hug::grouphug::hug:

mymorgy 01-20-2017 07:53 AM

do you need trifocals. I get my glasses from the net which are cheap maybe 20 dollars and get cheap reading glasses from ebay. they are not as convenient but they are really cheap.
I know the feeling o frunnng out of resources. I just spent 300 dollars on pudge and I am not through yet. I am also on a spending spree
life is really rough. things work out

Brokenfriend 01-20-2017 03:14 PM

I'm starting to feel more shame, and embarrassment, as time goes by. I don't want to talk to people because of my life the way it is. They simply don't understand.

This eye doctor situation brought me more shame, and humiliation. I didn't expect it. My case manager made the appointment, so I thought that I was going to get helped. I left the eye doctor upset, and angry. The young girl was so disrespectful who was the lens person. She said my medicare, and Medicaid card was a prescription card. Not true.

This type of thing makes me want to stay away from people. I feel devalued, over, and over again. I feel depressed today. Why are people so mean out there? BF:hug::(:hug:

mymorgy 01-20-2017 03:38 PM

they should be ashamed of themsekves not the other war around!

Brokenfriend 01-20-2017 08:58 PM

Now that I have thought over the situation completely, the girl who does the frames in the eye doctors shop needs to apologize to me. I probably won't get it. So young, and so disrespectful. She was very unprofessional, and will probably have some hard lessons to learn in life.

My case manager said that she is going to pay them a visit, and she might want me to come along. I don't know when. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 01-21-2017 03:48 AM

I am so happy to hear about the case manager.

Good luck, Friend. Sending prayers.

M

OhKay 01-21-2017 06:56 AM

BF,

I am so sorry you had to go through that :hug::hug::hug:
I can understand your embarrassment. People in the medical field have made me feel embarrassed and ashamed in many ways in the past.
I wish you could get that apology :hug::hug::hug:

You can get a copy of your prescription and take it anywhere that accepts Medicare to get your glasses. I would not give that place my business.

That being said, the reason your script is more expensive is probably because it's for trifocals. Unless the doc wrote you a script for an alternative to the trifocals in case you decided you didn't want to switch to them, you would need to go back to get a script for something else.

As a side note, if you have never tried trifocals before, even if they are recommended, a lot of people won't use them because I guess they are very hard to adjust to.

kiwi33 01-21-2017 07:10 AM

Brokenfriend, I am sorry to read about the aggro about your glasses.

This may not work for you but an alternative to trifocals is multifocals. They vary continuously (rather than discretely for trifocals) - the bottom region is for close vision and the upper region is for long vision.

They taker a bit of getting used to but work well for me - just a thought.

:hug:

Jomar 01-21-2017 02:06 PM

Multifocals might be called Progressive lenses in USA?
There is no line in the glass , it is made to graduate smoothly.

But sometimes they are hard to get used to..
Progressives need to be adjusted to fit very well so the main focal area lines up best for your eyes.

If you stay with that place , ask for a more experienced person to help you.

If you get the prescription paper with the numbers needed, you can go online and pick your own & quite cheaper too.. if you are comfortable doing purchases online and finding a good USA website.
I've heard Costco is good for glasses and no membership is needed..if one is near you.
COSTCO EYEGLASSES PRICES | Frames | Lenses | and More

Brokenfriend 01-25-2017 08:53 PM

For those of us(All of use)who get hurt by the tone of someone's voice, here's a poem.

"Poems that touch the Heart" Compiled by A.L. Alexander Page 10, and 11

It's not so much what you say
As the manner in which you say it;
It's not so much the language you use
As then tone in which you convey it;
"Come here!" I sharply said'
And the child cowered and wept.
"Come here," I said-
He looked and smiled
And straight to my lap he crept.
Words may be mild and fair
And the tone may pierce like a dart;
Words may be soft as the summer air
But the tone may break my heart;
For words come from the mind
Grow by study and art-
But tone leaps from the inner self
Revealing the state of the heart.
Whether you know it or not,
Whether you mean or care,
Gentleness, Kindness, Love, and hate,
Envy, anger, are there.
Then, would you quarrels avoid
And peace and love rejoice?
Keep anger not only out of your words-
Keep it out of your voice.
AUTHOR UNKNOWN

BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 01-25-2017 11:20 PM

Thanks, Friend.

M

mymorgy 01-26-2017 11:13 AM

oh wow. how do you find these things. Oh for a perfect world.

Brokenfriend 01-26-2017 12:18 PM

Thank you Bobby. I have searched, and searched for comfort in bible verses, and books like, "Poems that touch the heart".

If I don't go back, and read comforting bible verses, poems, and things, I forget, and some times I forget quickly. I keep going back for a refilling in my heart of helpful writings, and bible verses. BF:hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 01-26-2017 01:13 PM

thank you so much!
bobby

OhKay 01-27-2017 07:10 AM

I love that poem, BF. Thank you :hug:

Brokenfriend 02-03-2017 09:53 PM

My case manager keeps forgetting about me. We were suppose to go together to the eye glass people this week. I waited all week for her, but I never got the call.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. She may be having problems at her home.

This was a depressing week. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 02-03-2017 09:59 PM

I am sorry she let you down.
Could you call her?
((((HUGS)))))
bizi

OhKay 02-04-2017 07:35 AM

I agree with Bizi... you should call her to remind her that you need to visit the optician together.

Brokenfriend 02-04-2017 10:15 PM

I'm going to my councilor next week, and then I'll probably see my case manager in the same building.

I'm going to give her some slack because she has been so nice to me. She's probably having some sort of difficulties. I can see with my current pair of glasses well enough. It's not a emergency. I'll just back off at this time. You never know what people are going through. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 02-04-2017 10:27 PM

you are a very kind man.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Mari 02-05-2017 12:11 AM

She needs reminders.

I would call once a week until I had my glasses.

M

mymorgy 02-05-2017 10:11 AM

i wouldnt take it personally

OhKay 02-06-2017 09:28 AM

It's very nice of you to give her the benefit of the doubt BF, but that doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice what you need. You have given her some time already. A reminder now will not hurt :hug:

Brokenfriend 02-06-2017 10:41 PM

I see my councilor on Thursday, and usually see my case manager afterward. If she's not there on Thursday, something strange is going on. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 02-07-2017 08:25 PM

Now my imagination is bothering me. I wonder if there is another problem going on that I don't know about yet. I'm wondering if I'm going to get some bad news about something. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 02-07-2017 08:28 PM

I've been in the dark to long, and haven't heard from any of them. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 02-08-2017 12:40 AM

Call her politely. She needs to bump you up to the top of the line.

:hug::hug::hug:

M

mymorgy 02-08-2017 09:28 AM

definitely call her. don;t punish yourself with the extra worrying
love to you
bobby

Brokenfriend 02-08-2017 08:44 PM

Thank you Bobby. I'll know more tomorrow. I have a appointment with my councilor tomorrow afternoon. My case manager is located next to her office. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 02-09-2017 02:15 AM

Good luck, BF

M

OhKay 02-09-2017 07:32 AM

I have the same problems with my imagination... it's usually catastrophic thinking from anxiety. Seeing your councilor and getting in touch with your case manager soon should put those worries to rest.

You can casually mention to your councilor that you haven't heard from your case manager in a while... maybe she will volunteer some information in case something is really going on.

Good luck today :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 02-10-2017 01:59 AM

She said she became to busy, and didn't get around to seeing the eye doctor. I wish that she had called me to let me know. BF:hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 02-10-2017 02:19 AM

that is so disappointing...i would lose trust in her even though i shouldn't write it. I hope she feels guilty
take care dear friend it will happpen

Mari 02-10-2017 03:13 AM

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I hope that she and the eye doctor come through for you soon.

M

OhKay 02-10-2017 06:52 AM

Even though she didn't follow through as she should have, at least she was honest when you confronted her. I hope that you were able to set up a new time to go get your glasses :hug: