NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Crazy Georgia Weather (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/244238-crazy-georgia-weather.html)

Kitty 01-22-2017 12:09 PM

Crazy Georgia Weather

Here's an excerpt from a weather forecast for Georgia posted on the news channels website:

"Models show deep low pressure moving across north Georgia on Sunday. Guidance showing an expected barometric pressure reading of 29.18" here! It's about the same pressure drop you would experience in a category 1 hurricane. This low pressure will make arthritis worse and will make many feel very anxious, excitable."

Guess this explains the severe spasticity I've been having in my legs this weekend. And the dizziness. I could hardly get around yesterday. Creeping around the house like I'm 90 years old!

We got torrential rain yesterday and are supposed to get the same this afternoon.

Does weather effect anyone else as severely as it does me? I feel like I can predict the weather better than these meteorologists can!

Starznight 01-22-2017 01:02 PM

Having downpours down in SE GA and yeah my body feels as though it has been put through the wringer. I'm using sports bottles to drink out of because my muscles are jumping around so much that I'm literally throwing my cups and glasses around. I will be so happy when the weather evens out again. It's really sad because I used to love rainy days, now I loathe them.

doydie 01-24-2017 09:03 PM

I hope all of you in the path of these storms are safe.

Starznight 01-27-2017 09:39 AM

It's 80, it's 50, it 85, it's 30.... it's sinusitis time! .... ugh what counts for a winter in SE GA is here.

doydie 01-27-2017 10:10 PM

We have been having the same thing here. Last weekend it was 69 degrees. Nice this week and today it is 30 degrees, snow on Sunday. We also call that kind of weather Ohio River valley weather. Stay safe.

Kitty 01-28-2017 05:14 AM

Back down to a high of 45 today. :rolleyes: My poor legs don't know what to do. Good thing Advil and I get along. I should own stock in that company as much of it as I use.

Never thought I'd ever say this but I can't wait for summer!!

Darlene 01-31-2017 02:06 AM

The weather feels like a roller coaster here in Texas.

Kitty 01-31-2017 05:05 AM

A week of 60+ high temps. I'm not complaining! This is perfect weather. It's just when it decides to dip into the teens with no warning that my legs get a life of their own. Baclofen helps but I don't know if it's because it incapacitates me enough to not notice how hard it is to walk. :rolleyes: I'm tired of this ride. :Sigh:

Starznight 02-05-2017 10:47 AM

I love the cold weather but I'm certainly ready for Georgia's menopause to settle down. It has more hot flashes and chills than fevered penguin. And my poor body can't keep up with whether it wants it's tendonitis to act up because of the cold or fatigue to kick in because of the heat. And I think today it is deciding to split the difference and just make me worn out completely and in massive amounts of pain. Oh the fun! Nature needs to hurry up and give the Georgia penguin two Tylenols and some bed rest.

Kitty 02-05-2017 10:53 AM

I'm wondering if all my symptom increase is coming from just getting older?

Today is not excessively cold and it's supposed to be in the upper 60's and sunny by afternoon. I'm stumbling all over the place like I drank my breakfast! :o

I guess this is just going to be my new normal. :rolleyes: