NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Sorry I've been away, been busy (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/244709-sorry-ive-busy.html)

Becca71 02-05-2017 11:50 AM

Sorry I've been away, been busy

Hey everyone.
I haven't been checking in. So sorry. I've been writing a bit for The Mighty (if you haven't, go check it out) about CRPS, and that's been a bit theraputic.

I've been dealing with worker's comp nightmares. My pain doc dumped me as a patient because the clinic is restructuring, he's only going to be there one day a week, and they seem to only want to work w/people who are doing rehab and going back to work etc.

So I have to find a new worker's comp pain doc. But meanwhile they did approve seeing a podiatrist to go thru the steps I already did about the non-healed fracture in the CRPS foot. The pain doc said he'd do that referral for me. But nothing happened. I tried calling the podiatrist, but no they won't see me without his referral, even though I have the approval. So I have to have my lawyer do it.

But the good news is I get my pain meds through Kaiser so I'm safe there. My doc is trying me out on Lamictal, which has worked for some patients of his. Don't ask me yet if it is working. I had an initial feeling of "ooooh, I think this is doing something" but then the cold/wet weather hit and I flared up and I no longer could tell if it is doing something. As we increase it, it makes me really sleepy until I adjust to the new dosage. IF it does help, I might be able to reduce the gabapentin, which has caused so much weight gain for me.

My husband has been in and out of the hospital, which prevents me from resting my foot, and instead makes me abuse it to no end.

The ketamine cream and lidocaine cream do help when I'm trying to recover from doing too much... And if I plan ahead I can try to use them before doing something to maybe have it not hurt as much.

My worker's comp eval is the 27th.

I've applied for SSDI.

And that's what I've been up to.

RSD ME 02-05-2017 12:41 PM

I hope you and your husband feel better soon Becca. Praying for you both. Welcome back!

Littlepaw 02-05-2017 10:02 PM

Hi Becca,

Thanks for checking in and giving an update. I wish the best on your eval and SSDI. I too hope healing finds it way to your family so you have less stress and can take care of yourself. It has got to be hard having so much on you right now.

Let us know how it goes. Hugs are coming your way, :hug:

Shay08 02-06-2017 08:45 PM

Hi Becca,

I am glad that you were able to check in and let us know how you are doing. You sure have a lot on your plate. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for mentioning The Mighty. I did check it out and I bookmarked it. I am glad it has been a bit therapeutic. Bless you for taking the time to contribute to it.

Gentle Hugs,
Shay

CRPSbe 02-08-2017 02:25 PM

I am good with Neurontin (gabapentin), thank goodness (finally something that helped ease the pain), and for me it didn't cause me weight gain, but I have to watch what I eat closely!

Anti-depressants caused me to gain 10kg in no-time, so that was not a good option for me (as I have weak knees as well).