NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Workshop....I signed up! (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/244828-workshop-signed.html)

bizi 02-07-2017 10:48 PM

Workshop....I signed up!

WORKSHOPS

Designing Your Next Chapter
This workshop is for those who want to explore their next chapter. Perhaps you are considering making a job or career change and are not sure what that might look like. Or, you might want to add some spice to your life. Have you considered volunteering or adding a new activity to your life but are not sure what or how? Spring is a time of renewal. This workshop will help you envision your next steps.

We will dive into fun and engaging thought exercises, discussion, and discovery to help you design and build your life.

Six-week workshop series, 2 hours per session,

Tuesdays, 6 - 8pm
March 14, 21, 28, April 4, 11, 25, 2017 (Note: we will skip April 18)

The workshop uses as its framework the book, Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life, by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans.

Some of the questions we will answer in the workshop include:
  • What's next for me in my work/life?
  • What action might I take to kick my life up a notch?
  • How may I make a larger contribution in my community/state/the world?
  • How do I meet people who might be interested in my ideas or from whom I may learn?
In a small group, we'll explore these questions and more. We will have fun. We will be inspired and challenged. We will be curious together. The experience just might change your life.
------------------------

I am looking forward to doing this workshop. A friend of mine is leading the group. She is a life coach.
bizi

OhKay 02-09-2017 07:54 AM

It sounds interesting Bizi. It's a big time commitment, but it seems like they cover a lot of ground though. I remember you have said in the past that you felt stagnant. Maybe this is the boost you need :hug:

bizi 02-09-2017 08:48 AM

Thanks Kay, it is only $120 dollars for the complete work shop, 12 hours with small group.. so affordable.
I will spend that with my new therapist today for one hour, actually it is $140 for the first visit. Ouch!
I want to get to the root of my addictive personality.
bizi

OhKay 02-10-2017 07:10 AM

It's nice that it's a small group. You'll be able to get more accomplished.

I hope you had a good visit with your therapist :hug:

bizi 02-10-2017 09:48 PM

I really liked her.
thanks
bizi

bizi 02-11-2017 10:48 PM

I met with my new therapist and liked her.
I will see her 1-2 times a month.
She said that I am not going to change my addictive personality.
sigh
bizi

mymorgy 02-11-2017 11:47 PM

she sounds wise

bizi 02-12-2017 01:46 AM

Dialectical Behaviour Therapy

DBT....useful for substance abuse issues.
I am going to ask my therapist about this.
bizi

OhKay 02-12-2017 08:21 AM

A discussion about what kind of therapies she is going to implement during your treatment is a good idea :)

bizi 02-17-2017 12:46 AM

The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook: Practical DBT Exercises for Learning Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation & ... Tolerance (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
Matthew McKay

I just ordered the above book.

I slept like crap last night....woke up late rearranged my schedule to see a client tomorrow. So I had the morning off so that I could make myself take a shower, sigh
I hope I sleep better tonight.

bizi