NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I am so tired. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/244942-am-tired.html)

Brokenfriend 02-10-2017 10:23 PM

I am so tired.

Does Seroquel make most people tired? It's better taking Seroquel then having mental health issues at a higher peak. I have so much anxiety, and it's a mystery as to why I have it so bad. It's a lonely affliction.

I have to push myself to get things done. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 02-10-2017 11:03 PM

I am sorry you suffer so.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

mymorgy 02-11-2017 01:41 AM

i cpu;dn't stand seroquel. it made me feel like a zombie. isn't there something else they could prescribe?

i wish things were better for you!'
fondly bobby

OhKay 02-11-2017 08:47 AM

I take 800mg total. I take 700 at night, and I take the other 100 in the morning. I have to take some in the morning because it helps with my OCD and anxiety symptoms, but that 100mg is all I can tolerate at baseline. I have been on much higher doses during the day when I was manic, but I was so high they were not sedating at all.

I have built up a tolerance for Seroquel at this point, but between it and all the other meds I take, it has to be contributing to my fatigue.

I think it is sedating for everyone, at least initially. A lot of people stop taking it before they build up any tolerance for that reason.

When I worked at the VA, they prescribed small doses of Seroquel off label for patients as a sleep aide, but many of them were psych patients anyway.

Brokenfriend 02-11-2017 01:24 PM

I went to a festival last weekend, and I became so tired that I left early. I went to the concession stand, and had something to eat. Then I drove home. It's a long drive from there. I stopped at a grocery store, and got some food.

I don't take Seroquel during the day, so I was not on it at the time. The first 4,or 5 hours, after taking it before bed is unpleasant, but necessary. I feel like I could faint in that 4, or 5 hour period of time if I get up for any reason.

The long term affect helps me with my OCD, and anxiety. I don't think that there is a substitute for it. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 02-11-2017 05:55 PM

how was the festival? I am glad that you went!
bizi

Brokenfriend 02-11-2017 11:34 PM

It was wonderful!!! One of my new friends told another friend that I looked out of it. I know what he was talking about. I don't like being around a lot of people, and I was tired. My new friend also talks about my other friend behind his back also. Maybe I should distance myself from the new friend.

The festival was wonderful. We all had the same hobbies, and that makes for a great time. That festival happens once a year. BF:hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 02-11-2017 11:47 PM

that sounds great at least most of it

bizi 02-12-2017 12:12 AM

Oh this makes me happy for you.
please talk to your new friend....new friends are hard to find and even harder to hang on to.
bizi

OhKay 02-12-2017 08:31 AM

I understand what you mean about there being NO substitute for Seroquel treating OCD and anxiety... it makes a HUGE difference.

I wish you could just take your dose at bedtime. I've been taking my 700mg for quite a while and it really messes me up. I usually have to be in bed within an hour.

Even though you take it 4-5 hours before bed, it stays in your system and can still cause sedation. If you take the extended release form, I'm sure the sedation is worse over the course of the day.

I'm glad you had a good time at the festival, I'm just sorry that you couldn't enjoy yourself for longer. It sounds like you are in a tough spot with your new friend, but I think it would be okay if you just told him that his comments about your other friend make you "uncomfortable."